The Elvis Years: The Story of the King coming to Gordon Craig Theatre
- Credit: Chameleon Music
The compelling story of the King of Rock n' Roll is coming to the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage after 15 years on the road.
'The Elvis Years: The Story of the King' stars Mario Kombou - the original lead of 'Jailhouse Rock' in the West End - as Elvis Presley in a compelling musical production.
Led by award-winning producer and musical director David Mackay, the show features a world-class cast, authentic costumes and rare film footage - telling the story of Elvis from his humble beginnings as a young truck driver to becoming a worldwide phenomenon.
The cast will perform more than 50 of the King's greatest hits, including 'Hound Dog', 'It's Now or Never', 'Suspicious Minds', 'American Trilogy' and many more, including lesser-known tracks such as 'Rock a Hula Baby' and 'Bossa Nova Baby'.
Actor and singer Mario Kombou, who has been performing as Elvis for over 20 years, said: "There is something about Elvis and his music that speaks to people.
"He was the King. His music was too special to let fade into history, and seeing the audience light up night after night is such an incredible experience.
"There is a reason this show sells out in some of the best venues in the country, and that is because the King of Rock n' Roll is as important now as he ever was."
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
As well as performing as Elvis, Mario also trained as an actor and has starred in film, TV and theatre productions around the world.
He starred as Elvis Presley's character Vince Everett in 'Jailhouse Rock' at the Piccadilly Theatre, and has performed live to millions of people on shows including 'Top of the Pops' and 'GMTV'.
Mario is also the only tribute artist in the world to be officially endorsed by Elvis's first cousin, Donna Presley.
Australian-born producer and musical director, David Mackay, has produced major hits for some of the biggest names in music - including Cliff Richard, Bonnie Tyler, Frankie Miller, Billy Ocean, Dusty Springfield, The Bee Gees and Eric Clapton.
The show is coming to the Gordon Craig on Sunday, January 30.
For tickets and more information go to www.theelvisyears.com.