The Datsuns - Smoke & Mirrors - V2
Their 2002 debut was a ram-raid of 70s rock dinosaurs archives, chock full of compelling killer riffs and screaming vocals that deafened any calls of derivitive . Two albums down the line and The Datsuns just won t die – they have evolved, if only sligh
Their 2002 debut was a ram-raid of 70s rock dinosaurs' archives, chock full of compelling killer riffs and screaming vocals that deafened any calls of 'derivitive'.
Two albums down the line and The Datsuns just won't die - they have evolved, if only slightly.
Recent single System Overload is a case in point, stridently blasting out signature long-haired stomp-rock, but there are signs of a deeper talent within, the turbo-charged Maximum Heartbreak and proggy 8-minute closer Too Little Fire being cases in point.
But it may be too little too late, as the debut from hair-rock overlords and fellow Antipodeans Wolfmother knock this into a cocked hat. Shame.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour