The Datsuns - Smoke & Mirrors - V2
Their 2002 debut was a ram-raid of 70s rock dinosaurs archives, chock full of compelling killer riffs and screaming vocals that deafened any calls of derivitive . Two albums down the line and The Datsuns just won t die – they have evolved, if only sligh
Their 2002 debut was a ram-raid of 70s rock dinosaurs' archives, chock full of compelling killer riffs and screaming vocals that deafened any calls of 'derivitive'.
Two albums down the line and The Datsuns just won't die - they have evolved, if only slightly.
Recent single System Overload is a case in point, stridently blasting out signature long-haired stomp-rock, but there are signs of a deeper talent within, the turbo-charged Maximum Heartbreak and proggy 8-minute closer Too Little Fire being cases in point.
But it may be too little too late, as the debut from hair-rock overlords and fellow Antipodeans Wolfmother knock this into a cocked hat. Shame.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?