The cat’s out of the bag, now Puss is finally poised to take to panto stage in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
St Valentine’s Day may be just around the corner but panto productions are still taking to the stage, with this keen crew still putting the finishing touches to their seasonal show.
The curtain will go up on Puss In Boots at Walsworth’s St Faith’s Church on Friday, February 19, with two more shows the following day.
The Hitchin church’s panto, supported by local businesses including Polcaro’s fish and chip shop, Westons Car & Commercials, Gaffers Lighting, helps pay for the upkeep of the Woolgrove Road church and support its work in the community.
The show, billed as a traditional family panto suitable for all ages, has been written by Damian Trasler, David Lovesy and Steve Clark, is crammed with local references with congregation member and Fairfield Players director Penny Mitchell calling the shots, as she has done since the panto was established.
The cast includes Priory School pupil Chloe Moriarty as Jack, Mike Attwood and Ann Peacock as the king and queen and Rose Norris as Princess Alice.
Musical director is piano teacher Robert Day and the music has been arranged by Dave Page.
Tickets are available from the box office now and after the success of recent years it’s best to bag yours early.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
They cost £7 for adults and and £4 for children children under 12 – call 01462 451015 to book.