The cat’s out of the bag, now Puss is finally poised to take to panto stage in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
St Valentine’s Day may be just around the corner but panto productions are still taking to the stage, with this keen crew still putting the finishing touches to their seasonal show.
The curtain will go up on Puss In Boots at Walsworth’s St Faith’s Church on Friday, February 19, with two more shows the following day.
The Hitchin church’s panto, supported by local businesses including Polcaro’s fish and chip shop, Westons Car & Commercials, Gaffers Lighting, helps pay for the upkeep of the Woolgrove Road church and support its work in the community.
The show, billed as a traditional family panto suitable for all ages, has been written by Damian Trasler, David Lovesy and Steve Clark, is crammed with local references with congregation member and Fairfield Players director Penny Mitchell calling the shots, as she has done since the panto was established.
The cast includes Priory School pupil Chloe Moriarty as Jack, Mike Attwood and Ann Peacock as the king and queen and Rose Norris as Princess Alice.
Musical director is piano teacher Robert Day and the music has been arranged by Dave Page.
Tickets are available from the box office now and after the success of recent years it’s best to bag yours early.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
They cost £7 for adults and and £4 for children children under 12 – call 01462 451015 to book.