The cat’s out of the bag, now Puss is finally poised to take to panto stage in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
St Valentine’s Day may be just around the corner but panto productions are still taking to the stage, with this keen crew still putting the finishing touches to their seasonal show.
The curtain will go up on Puss In Boots at Walsworth’s St Faith’s Church on Friday, February 19, with two more shows the following day.
The Hitchin church’s panto, supported by local businesses including Polcaro’s fish and chip shop, Westons Car & Commercials, Gaffers Lighting, helps pay for the upkeep of the Woolgrove Road church and support its work in the community.
The show, billed as a traditional family panto suitable for all ages, has been written by Damian Trasler, David Lovesy and Steve Clark, is crammed with local references with congregation member and Fairfield Players director Penny Mitchell calling the shots, as she has done since the panto was established.
The cast includes Priory School pupil Chloe Moriarty as Jack, Mike Attwood and Ann Peacock as the king and queen and Rose Norris as Princess Alice.
You may also want to watch:
Musical director is piano teacher Robert Day and the music has been arranged by Dave Page.
Tickets are available from the box office now and after the success of recent years it’s best to bag yours early.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
They cost £7 for adults and and £4 for children children under 12 – call 01462 451015 to book.