Wham! tribute show to celebrate George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley’s greatest hits
- Credit: Supplied by SJB Marketing
Producers can’t promise drinks are free, but a ‘Fantastic’ show featuring Wham!’s biggest hits is coming to a Stevenage stage.
Sweeney Entertainments presents The Best of Wham! at the Gordon Craig Theatre’s Concert Hall on Saturday, July 7 at 8pm.
The concert show features the best of George, Andrew, Pepsi and Shirlie, with sensational vocals, choreography, costumes and a live band.
It’s 36 years since George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley first hit the UK charts with Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do).
In four short years Wham! sold more than 28 million records, topping the charts with albums Fantastic and Make It Big, and the singles charts with Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Freedom, I’m Your Man and The Edge of Heaven.
The Best of Wham! show includes all those hits, a few B-side favourites and a couple of early George Michael bonus songs.
Starring Let It Shine quarter-finalist Craig Webb as George Michael, this fun-loving, vibrant, megamix tribute to the pop sensation of the 80s will be loved by Young Guns of all ages.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
Craig made his TV debut on Gary Barlow’s talent search Let It Shine, which aired live on BBC One in February 2017.
He made it to the quarter-finals, where he performed with Busted.
The Best of Wham! party will get audiences singing and dancing to all the greatest hits, including Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Freedom and I’m Your Man.
Sweeney Entertainments, co-founded by Julie and Peter Sweeney, has been providing a wide repertoire of touring shows for theatre and corporate events for over 15 years, both in the UK and internationally.
Last year was the company’s strongest year to date, with more shows touring than ever before.
Julie said: “We are thrilled to be presenting this amazing new show to venues across the UK – this is a non-stop Wham! party that is sure to leave audiences singing and dancing the whole way home.”
So pop along to the Club Tropicana. (*Sorry. Drinks not free.)
• Tickets for the date at the Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre in Lytton Way cost £25.50, online booking fee applies.
Call the box office on 01438 363200 or book online at https://www.gordon-craig.co.uk/the-best-of-wham-i1931