Tapes’n’ Tapes - The Loon - XL Recordings
ONE of the bands to emerge successful from the gruelling SXSW Festival in Texas – nine gigs in four days – are this Minneapolis four-piece. At the time they had no UK record deal, but barely had the deluge of rave reviews hit the presses than this stompin
ONE of the bands to emerge successful from the gruelling SXSW Festival in Texas - nine gigs in four days - are this Minneapolis four-piece.
At the time they had no UK record deal, but barely had the deluge of rave reviews hit the presses than this stomping indie-funk outfit found a deal this side of the water.
And no wonder. This vital, urgent clutch of songs manages to hold its own with the cream of US alternative darlings like The Arcade Fire and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
Brimming with ideas, hooks, beats and a jerky, lolloping energy, Tapes'N'Tapes possess a rare ability to make danceable, tuneful, slightly askew music.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral