Tapes’n’ Tapes - The Loon - XL Recordings
ONE of the bands to emerge successful from the gruelling SXSW Festival in Texas – nine gigs in four days – are this Minneapolis four-piece. At the time they had no UK record deal, but barely had the deluge of rave reviews hit the presses than this stompin
ONE of the bands to emerge successful from the gruelling SXSW Festival in Texas - nine gigs in four days - are this Minneapolis four-piece.
At the time they had no UK record deal, but barely had the deluge of rave reviews hit the presses than this stomping indie-funk outfit found a deal this side of the water.
And no wonder. This vital, urgent clutch of songs manages to hold its own with the cream of US alternative darlings like The Arcade Fire and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
Brimming with ideas, hooks, beats and a jerky, lolloping energy, Tapes'N'Tapes possess a rare ability to make danceable, tuneful, slightly askew music.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof