Tapes’n’ Tapes - The Loon - XL Recordings
ONE of the bands to emerge successful from the gruelling SXSW Festival in Texas – nine gigs in four days – are this Minneapolis four-piece. At the time they had no UK record deal, but barely had the deluge of rave reviews hit the presses than this stompin
ONE of the bands to emerge successful from the gruelling SXSW Festival in Texas - nine gigs in four days - are this Minneapolis four-piece.
At the time they had no UK record deal, but barely had the deluge of rave reviews hit the presses than this stomping indie-funk outfit found a deal this side of the water.
And no wonder. This vital, urgent clutch of songs manages to hold its own with the cream of US alternative darlings like The Arcade Fire and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
Brimming with ideas, hooks, beats and a jerky, lolloping energy, Tapes'N'Tapes possess a rare ability to make danceable, tuneful, slightly askew music.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash