Take three girls – in one person
AN EXTREME case of split personality has hit the stage in Hitchin s Market Theatre as it launched its new comedy What I Am. Written and performed by 23-year-old actor and singer Laura Gillions, the show features three comic characters representing separat
AN EXTREME case of split personality has hit the stage in Hitchin's Market Theatre as it launched its new comedy What I Am.
Written and performed by 23-year-old actor and singer Laura Gillions, the show features three comic characters representing separate parts of the same person, who offer their differing views on life, love and Lycra through monologues and song.
London-based Laura is a former pupil of Hitchin Girls' School and trained for her acting diploma at Hertfordshire Theatre School in Queen Street.
Since graduating last year she has been filming with Kenneth Branagh and appearing in stand-up drama shows in Soho, as well as teaching singing at the Stagecoach school in Letchworth.
Earlier this year she received critical acclaim for her multiple performances in the Market Theatre's comedy whodunnit The Masquerade.
What I Am runs on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays until August 26. For tickets call 01462 433553 or visit www.markettheatre.co.uk
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage