Take three girls – in one person
AN EXTREME case of split personality has hit the stage in Hitchin s Market Theatre as it launched its new comedy What I Am. Written and performed by 23-year-old actor and singer Laura Gillions, the show features three comic characters representing separat
AN EXTREME case of split personality has hit the stage in Hitchin's Market Theatre as it launched its new comedy What I Am.
Written and performed by 23-year-old actor and singer Laura Gillions, the show features three comic characters representing separate parts of the same person, who offer their differing views on life, love and Lycra through monologues and song.
London-based Laura is a former pupil of Hitchin Girls' School and trained for her acting diploma at Hertfordshire Theatre School in Queen Street.
Since graduating last year she has been filming with Kenneth Branagh and appearing in stand-up drama shows in Soho, as well as teaching singing at the Stagecoach school in Letchworth.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year she received critical acclaim for her multiple performances in the Market Theatre's comedy whodunnit The Masquerade.
What I Am runs on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays until August 26. For tickets call 01462 433553 or visit www.markettheatre.co.uk
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts