Take a look back in time
PEEP back in time is now available at the Letchworth Heritage Museum which has a host of old photos on display. The exhibition runs from now until March 25 and displays photographs documenting the Pioneer years in the world s first Garden Cities. This spe
PEEP back in time is now available at the Letchworth Heritage Museum which has a host of old photos on display.
The exhibition runs from now until March 25 and displays photographs documenting the Pioneer years in the world's first Garden Cities.
This special exhibition features Letchworth GC scenes and citizens which were taken by the Edwardian photographer Ebenezer Housden who had a photographic studio and café on Station Road.
The pictures date from 1906 to 1910 and include many beautiful images of streets, shops and people.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the chance to buy some photographs made from original glass negatives.
Entrance to the museum costs 50p for residents of Letchworth GC and students, and £1 for non-residents.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 3 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 4 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 5 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 6 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 PE teachers to run seven marathons in seven days
- 9 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
Children under 16 get in free and the museum is open Monday to Saturday, 10am until 5pm.