Take a look back in time
PEEP back in time is now available at the Letchworth Heritage Museum which has a host of old photos on display. The exhibition runs from now until March 25 and displays photographs documenting the Pioneer years in the world s first Garden Cities. This spe
PEEP back in time is now available at the Letchworth Heritage Museum which has a host of old photos on display.
The exhibition runs from now until March 25 and displays photographs documenting the Pioneer years in the world's first Garden Cities.
This special exhibition features Letchworth GC scenes and citizens which were taken by the Edwardian photographer Ebenezer Housden who had a photographic studio and café on Station Road.
The pictures date from 1906 to 1910 and include many beautiful images of streets, shops and people.
There will also be the chance to buy some photographs made from original glass negatives.
Entrance to the museum costs 50p for residents of Letchworth GC and students, and £1 for non-residents.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
Children under 16 get in free and the museum is open Monday to Saturday, 10am until 5pm.