Swing and Sinatra
ROBBIE Williams, Jamie Cullum and even Westlife have all jumped on the Swing/jazz bandwagon inspiring a new generation of fans of that type of music. Harpenden-based producers Chris and Simone Smith have teamed up with the Plinston Hall in Letchworth to p
ROBBIE Williams, Jamie Cullum and even Westlife have all jumped on the Swing/jazz bandwagon inspiring a new generation of fans of that type of music.
Harpenden-based producers Chris and Simone Smith have teamed up with the Plinston Hall in Letchworth to present an evening of "Swing and Sinatra" featuring the band Five Star Swing.
The show, on Sunday June 11 at 7.30pm, contains a host of classic big band swing songs made famous by artists such as Sinatra, Glenn Miller, Nat King Cole and Ella Fitzgerald.
Singer Simone has played with artists such as Paul Weller and Chris is well known in the jazz world for his arrangements and compositions frequently played on Jazz FM and BBC Radio 2.
Chris told The Comet: "It is great that there's a strong resurgence in jazz and swing music enjoyed by all generations, mainly thanks to artists such as Robbie Williams Jamie Cullum and Westlife.
"I've been brought up with this style of music as my father plays trombone professionally and performed with Frank Sinatra.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 9 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 10 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
"We're looking forward to bringing the show to town."
Tickets are £11.50 call the box office for more details 01462 672003.