Students organise gig at Letchworth venue
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of students are putting on a weekend bonanza, featuring live bands and DJs.
The second year North Hertfordshire College production arts students will host two music nights at DaVinci Hall this weekend.
Tomorrow (Friday) will feature four local bands and a DJ at the Letchworth GC venue, with Saturday marking a 70s and 80s disco night.
Friday’s event – called 3 Phase – will feature a mix of indie/rock bands, with Count the Days headlining.
The three-piece pop-punk group from Arlesey are being supported by Bootleg, Insurgents and Orange Jonny.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have professional sound, light and projection equipment, including lasers, dry ice, smoke, haze and other special effects to make the event “a proper gig” – their own words.
Profits from the event and Saturday’s disco night will be split between Garden House Hospice and the college.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
Doors open at 7pm for both events. Tickets – which cost £6 each or £10 for two – can be bought on the door or in advance by emailing email@example.com or visiting www.bit.ly/fmprock
A bar will also be available.