Students organise gig at Letchworth venue
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of students are putting on a weekend bonanza, featuring live bands and DJs.
The second year North Hertfordshire College production arts students will host two music nights at DaVinci Hall this weekend.
Tomorrow (Friday) will feature four local bands and a DJ at the Letchworth GC venue, with Saturday marking a 70s and 80s disco night.
Friday’s event – called 3 Phase – will feature a mix of indie/rock bands, with Count the Days headlining.
The three-piece pop-punk group from Arlesey are being supported by Bootleg, Insurgents and Orange Jonny.
Organisers have professional sound, light and projection equipment, including lasers, dry ice, smoke, haze and other special effects to make the event “a proper gig” – their own words.
Profits from the event and Saturday’s disco night will be split between Garden House Hospice and the college.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
Doors open at 7pm for both events. Tickets – which cost £6 each or £10 for two – can be bought on the door or in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.bit.ly/fmprock
A bar will also be available.