Students in partnership with Benslow Music for Handel opera
STUDENTS will be collaborating with a music centre for the first time in two opera performances next week.
Pupils at North Hertfordshire College have played their part in the latest Benslow Music production, Handel’s opera Semele.
The Main Theatre at the college’s Hitchin campus provides the venue for the show, with college students involved in creating the set and other technical aspects of the production on Saturday, April 14.
The two performances at 2pm and 7pm will follow an intensive five days of rehearsal by members of Benslow Music’s biennial Baroque Opera course, which comprises an orchestra of non-professional players of period instruments, a small amateur chorus, and an international team of hand-picked solo singers.
The cast is headed by French soprano Faustine De Mones as Semele while Japanese tenor Hiromitsu Maeda stars as Jupiter T.
The musical team is led by violinist Judy Tarling, cellist Henrik Persson, vocal coach John Flinders and keyboard player and director Julian Perkins, while the production is by restoration drama specialist Jack Edwards, assisted by young British director Deborah Cohen.
Tickets are priced at �12 and full-time students go free of charge with advanced booking.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 3 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
For further information or to book call 01462 459446.