Stevenage school and arts trust exhibition makes good sense
A COLLABORATION between an arts group and a school for children with learning difficulties has resulted in an exhibition which opens on Tuesday.
Pupils and staff from Lonsdale School in Stevenage have worked alongside artists from the Digswell Arts Trust to create A Sense of Self, running until May 31.
The project has been backed by Hertfordshire Creative Learning Programme and the Hertfordshire Music Service with the aim of creating a display of very personal works encouraging reflection and experimentation using a broad range of media.
The exhibition at Letchworth Arts Centre evolved as artists Jo Howe and Alex McIntyre from the trust worked with pupils and staff at the school, engaging them in professional arts practice through the making and refinement of art works and group discussion.
Visitors to A Sense of Self also have the opportunity to add to the experience through scheduled workshops during the course of the exhibition and leave drawings and comments in an interactive space.
You may also want to watch:
•The Arts Centre will also be welcoming the London Flute and Guitar Duo tomorrow (Friday).
Flautist Claire Overbury and guitarist Simon Davies come to Letchworth GC after performing on BBC Radio 3 and Classic FM, as well as in some of the country’s finest chamber music venues.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
- 9 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 10 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
Doors open at 7.30pm for an 8pm start. Tickets are �8 on the night or �6 in advance and are available on 01462 670788.