Stevenage school and arts trust exhibition makes good sense
A COLLABORATION between an arts group and a school for children with learning difficulties has resulted in an exhibition which opens on Tuesday.
Pupils and staff from Lonsdale School in Stevenage have worked alongside artists from the Digswell Arts Trust to create A Sense of Self, running until May 31.
The project has been backed by Hertfordshire Creative Learning Programme and the Hertfordshire Music Service with the aim of creating a display of very personal works encouraging reflection and experimentation using a broad range of media.
The exhibition at Letchworth Arts Centre evolved as artists Jo Howe and Alex McIntyre from the trust worked with pupils and staff at the school, engaging them in professional arts practice through the making and refinement of art works and group discussion.
Visitors to A Sense of Self also have the opportunity to add to the experience through scheduled workshops during the course of the exhibition and leave drawings and comments in an interactive space.
You may also want to watch:
•The Arts Centre will also be welcoming the London Flute and Guitar Duo tomorrow (Friday).
Flautist Claire Overbury and guitarist Simon Davies come to Letchworth GC after performing on BBC Radio 3 and Classic FM, as well as in some of the country’s finest chamber music venues.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 5 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 8 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 9 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 10 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
Doors open at 7.30pm for an 8pm start. Tickets are �8 on the night or �6 in advance and are available on 01462 670788.