Stevenage school and arts trust exhibition makes good sense
A COLLABORATION between an arts group and a school for children with learning difficulties has resulted in an exhibition which opens on Tuesday.
Pupils and staff from Lonsdale School in Stevenage have worked alongside artists from the Digswell Arts Trust to create A Sense of Self, running until May 31.
The project has been backed by Hertfordshire Creative Learning Programme and the Hertfordshire Music Service with the aim of creating a display of very personal works encouraging reflection and experimentation using a broad range of media.
The exhibition at Letchworth Arts Centre evolved as artists Jo Howe and Alex McIntyre from the trust worked with pupils and staff at the school, engaging them in professional arts practice through the making and refinement of art works and group discussion.
Visitors to A Sense of Self also have the opportunity to add to the experience through scheduled workshops during the course of the exhibition and leave drawings and comments in an interactive space.
•The Arts Centre will also be welcoming the London Flute and Guitar Duo tomorrow (Friday).
Flautist Claire Overbury and guitarist Simon Davies come to Letchworth GC after performing on BBC Radio 3 and Classic FM, as well as in some of the country’s finest chamber music venues.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 6 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 7 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 8 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 10 Alice, 10, set to chop long locks for Ukraine aid
Doors open at 7.30pm for an 8pm start. Tickets are �8 on the night or �6 in advance and are available on 01462 670788.