Stevenage record label signs X Factor finalist
- Credit: Archant
An independent record label is celebrating after signing an X Factor finalist.
Insomnia Music, based in Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, is planning to release a single for reality TV star Janet Devlin.
The record label, run by Matt Chambers, his brother Rick and Adam Low, currently has four acts on its roster and predict big things for the 18-year-old, who finished fifth in the 2011 ITV series.
Matt said: “We were slightly hesitant at first because there both good and bad things to be said about an artist being affiliated with such a well known show. However, as soon as we met her, we just fell in love with her and he voice.
“She’s a massive star and we think this is a really great opportunity for everyone involved. At the moment it’s absolute madness as we’re organising a tour and promoting the new single. It’s a massive operation but we’re enjoying every bit of it.”
You may also want to watch:
Janet said: “They knew some people that I had worked with before and when I met them, I found they were just really nice genuine guys. I have had other offers but I wanted to sign with people who I thought would definitely put their best effort into getting the job done right.”
The new single Wonderful, which is currently available to pre-order on iTunes, is released on November 25. The song’s music video has already received over 60,000 views on YouTube.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
Visit www.insomniamusic.co.uk for more information.