Stevenage record label signs X Factor finalist
- Credit: Archant
An independent record label is celebrating after signing an X Factor finalist.
Insomnia Music, based in Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, is planning to release a single for reality TV star Janet Devlin.
The record label, run by Matt Chambers, his brother Rick and Adam Low, currently has four acts on its roster and predict big things for the 18-year-old, who finished fifth in the 2011 ITV series.
Matt said: “We were slightly hesitant at first because there both good and bad things to be said about an artist being affiliated with such a well known show. However, as soon as we met her, we just fell in love with her and he voice.
“She’s a massive star and we think this is a really great opportunity for everyone involved. At the moment it’s absolute madness as we’re organising a tour and promoting the new single. It’s a massive operation but we’re enjoying every bit of it.”
You may also want to watch:
Janet said: “They knew some people that I had worked with before and when I met them, I found they were just really nice genuine guys. I have had other offers but I wanted to sign with people who I thought would definitely put their best effort into getting the job done right.”
The new single Wonderful, which is currently available to pre-order on iTunes, is released on November 25. The song’s music video has already received over 60,000 views on YouTube.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 6 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
Visit www.insomniamusic.co.uk for more information.