Stevenage hosts youth theatre auditions
OPEN auditions are being held ahead of a youth musical theatre production for students.
RARE Youth Musical Theatre will be presenting a schools edition of Les Miserables at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage and are appealing for those aged between eight and 18-years-old to get involved.
Auditions for main roles and the ensemble will take place at the theatre in Lytton Way on Wednesday, October 10, from 4.30pm to 5.30pm for eight to 12-year-olds and 5.30pm to 6.30pm for 13 to 18-year-olds.
A further audition will be held at the same venue on October 14 from 2pm to 3.30pm for eight to 12-year-olds and 3.30pm to 5.30pm for 13 to 18-year-olds.
The show will feature all the well-known songs from Les Miserables including I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own and Master Of The House in a special schools edition of the record-breaking musical which has now been in the West End for more than 25 years.
Set around the time of the 1832 Paris student uprising, the story concerns Jean Valjean and his struggles to rebuild his life after 19 years of wrongful imprisonment. His ultimate involvement with the students on the barricades form an integral part of the story.
For more information about the auditions visit www.rareproductions.co.uk or call 0844 800 8296.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?