Stevenage hosts youth theatre auditions
OPEN auditions are being held ahead of a youth musical theatre production for students.
RARE Youth Musical Theatre will be presenting a schools edition of Les Miserables at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage and are appealing for those aged between eight and 18-years-old to get involved.
Auditions for main roles and the ensemble will take place at the theatre in Lytton Way on Wednesday, October 10, from 4.30pm to 5.30pm for eight to 12-year-olds and 5.30pm to 6.30pm for 13 to 18-year-olds.
A further audition will be held at the same venue on October 14 from 2pm to 3.30pm for eight to 12-year-olds and 3.30pm to 5.30pm for 13 to 18-year-olds.
The show will feature all the well-known songs from Les Miserables including I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own and Master Of The House in a special schools edition of the record-breaking musical which has now been in the West End for more than 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
Set around the time of the 1832 Paris student uprising, the story concerns Jean Valjean and his struggles to rebuild his life after 19 years of wrongful imprisonment. His ultimate involvement with the students on the barricades form an integral part of the story.
For more information about the auditions visit www.rareproductions.co.uk or call 0844 800 8296.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death