Stevenage hosts youth theatre auditions
OPEN auditions are being held ahead of a youth musical theatre production for students.
RARE Youth Musical Theatre will be presenting a schools edition of Les Miserables at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage and are appealing for those aged between eight and 18-years-old to get involved.
Auditions for main roles and the ensemble will take place at the theatre in Lytton Way on Wednesday, October 10, from 4.30pm to 5.30pm for eight to 12-year-olds and 5.30pm to 6.30pm for 13 to 18-year-olds.
A further audition will be held at the same venue on October 14 from 2pm to 3.30pm for eight to 12-year-olds and 3.30pm to 5.30pm for 13 to 18-year-olds.
The show will feature all the well-known songs from Les Miserables including I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own and Master Of The House in a special schools edition of the record-breaking musical which has now been in the West End for more than 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
Set around the time of the 1832 Paris student uprising, the story concerns Jean Valjean and his struggles to rebuild his life after 19 years of wrongful imprisonment. His ultimate involvement with the students on the barricades form an integral part of the story.
For more information about the auditions visit www.rareproductions.co.uk or call 0844 800 8296.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence
- 10 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs