Stevenage hosts Murder on the Nile
A PLAY based on a best-selling author’s novel promises intrigue and murder as a cruise ship becomes a crime scene.
Stevenage Lytton Players present Murder on the Nile, one of Dame Agatha Christie’s most popular plays based on her novel Death On The Nile.
The plot sees two honeymooners paired with some familiar faces when they climb aboard for a romantic cruise - not least the ex-girlfriend of the groom.
The tranquility of the guests is shattered when one of them is discovered in their cabin, shot through the head. But who did it and what was the motive?
“This is one of Christie’s best known pieces and I was delighted to be asked to direct it,” said director Mary Hearmon. “I’ve directed for Lytton Players before but life twists and turns and my last time was in 1984 so I am delighted to be invited to return.
You may also want to watch:
“I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the actors develop over the course of rehearsals and am excited that I have a real-life couple playing two of the characters. Did either of them ‘do it’? You’ll have to come and see!”
Murder On The Nile is on at the theatre in Vardon Road, Stevenage, from Wednesday until Saturday, November 26 at 7.45pm. Tickets are �8.50 with �6 concessions available for the Wednesday and Thursday performances.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 6 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 7 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 8 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 10 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
Call 01438 357407 or visit www.lyttonplayers.co.uk to book.