Family fun at fire service open day – and the new Stevenage FC boss too
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage Football Club’s new manager is set to attend a fire service open day on Saturday along with members of the first team – before their home match against Cambridge United.
Dino Maamria will be heading to Herts Fire and Rescue Service’s Longfield training site in Stevenage for the opening of the free family-orientated event at 11am.
The day will include fire demonstrations, an air ambulance, driver simulation, animal petting area, meet the super heroes, bouncy castles, name the horse, a barbecue and the all-time favourite – teddy bear parachute drop.
The event will be raising money to support people in the fire and rescue community when they are in need, with proceeds also donated to help children and families that are affected by genetic blindness.
The open day runs until 4pm at the Longfield Training & Development Centre in Hitchin Road, and visitors are encouraged to bring along a teddy for the parachute drop.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE: @StevenageFC tweeted at 3.45pm on Friday to say due to unforeseen circumstances club personnel could no longer attend, but the open day will be going ahead as normal with prizes on offer from the team.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys