Surprises in store at Stevenage’s free fireworks display on Bonfire Night
- Credit: Archant
This year’s annual Stevenage fireworks display will take place on November 5 – Bonfire Night!
Stevenage Borough Council's spectacular free display will take place on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at Fairlands Valley Park.
The fireworks show at the Six Hills Way venue promises a few special surprises this year.
A posting on the council's Facebook page added: "The biggest free firework show in the area always draws a large audience.
"We will be using state-of-the-art equipment at this year's show and the set will be synchronised to music through a rock show sound system."
The popular event always draws a large crowd from the town.
The fireworks starts at 7.30pm, but families are advised to get down to Fairlands Valley early as large crowds are expected on Guy Fawkes Night.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 9 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 10 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
The council's Facebook post added: "Marriotts School is the perfect place to go as not only does the school have a perfect view of the fireworks, there is great access and facilities for cycle parking and the disabled."
Organisers also urge residents not to bring sparklers or fireworks.
- For more information, call 01438 242389 or email email@example.com