Stevenage choir’s recruiting call: Raise up your voice, we want to hit 100!
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve been inspired by the success of TV choirmaster Gareth Malone and fancy putting your voice to good use, you could help Stevenage Male Voice Choir hit a ton-up target.
The choir performs concerts for charities and other good causes and is aiming to increase its membership to 100 singers and more – with two open evenings planned this month organised in a bid to encourage new recruits.
Treasurer Bob Parsons said: “They are an enthusiastic and dedicated bunch and, dare I say, pretty darn good. Since it was formed in 1958 the choir has been having a great time while raising money for charities and good causes.
“We would like to make our choir at least 100 strong. You could be surprised at the wide variety of music in our repertoire so why not have a closer look at our website at www.smvc.org and come along to one of our open evenings.
“Let’s give the county the biggest and best male voice choir in the country!”
You may also want to watch:
The Friday night open evenings will take place on November 14 and 21 at the Stevenage Arts Centre on the Roaring Meg retail park, next to Costa Coffee, at 8pm.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies