Stevenage choir’s recruiting call: Raise up your voice, we want to hit 100!
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve been inspired by the success of TV choirmaster Gareth Malone and fancy putting your voice to good use, you could help Stevenage Male Voice Choir hit a ton-up target.
The choir performs concerts for charities and other good causes and is aiming to increase its membership to 100 singers and more – with two open evenings planned this month organised in a bid to encourage new recruits.
Treasurer Bob Parsons said: “They are an enthusiastic and dedicated bunch and, dare I say, pretty darn good. Since it was formed in 1958 the choir has been having a great time while raising money for charities and good causes.
“We would like to make our choir at least 100 strong. You could be surprised at the wide variety of music in our repertoire so why not have a closer look at our website at www.smvc.org and come along to one of our open evenings.
“Let’s give the county the biggest and best male voice choir in the country!”
You may also want to watch:
The Friday night open evenings will take place on November 14 and 21 at the Stevenage Arts Centre on the Roaring Meg retail park, next to Costa Coffee, at 8pm.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers