Stevenage choir’s recruiting call: Raise up your voice, we want to hit 100!
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve been inspired by the success of TV choirmaster Gareth Malone and fancy putting your voice to good use, you could help Stevenage Male Voice Choir hit a ton-up target.
The choir performs concerts for charities and other good causes and is aiming to increase its membership to 100 singers and more – with two open evenings planned this month organised in a bid to encourage new recruits.
Treasurer Bob Parsons said: “They are an enthusiastic and dedicated bunch and, dare I say, pretty darn good. Since it was formed in 1958 the choir has been having a great time while raising money for charities and good causes.
“We would like to make our choir at least 100 strong. You could be surprised at the wide variety of music in our repertoire so why not have a closer look at our website at www.smvc.org and come along to one of our open evenings.
“Let’s give the county the biggest and best male voice choir in the country!”
The Friday night open evenings will take place on November 14 and 21 at the Stevenage Arts Centre on the Roaring Meg retail park, next to Costa Coffee, at 8pm.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
- 10 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well