Stevenage band Waste to play Standon Calling
- Credit: Archant
One up-and-coming band is celebrating after being asked to play this year’s Standon Calling festival.
Waste, a four-piece rock band based in Stevenage, will play the Hertfordshire show on the weekend of Friday August 1 - Sunday August 3.
Public Enemy, Maximo Park and Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls are all booked in to headline the weekend.
Waste guitarist Max Hopwood said: “This must be one of the biggest shows we’ve played to date and we can’t wait.
“Festivals are great because they give people who may not be familiar with your work the chance to experience something new.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping we’ll be able to draw in some new fans and will do our very best to give them a show to remember.”
Visit www.standon-calling.com for more information.
- 1 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition