Stevenage band Waste to play Standon Calling
- Credit: Archant
One up-and-coming band is celebrating after being asked to play this year’s Standon Calling festival.
Waste, a four-piece rock band based in Stevenage, will play the Hertfordshire show on the weekend of Friday August 1 - Sunday August 3.
Public Enemy, Maximo Park and Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls are all booked in to headline the weekend.
Waste guitarist Max Hopwood said: “This must be one of the biggest shows we’ve played to date and we can’t wait.
“Festivals are great because they give people who may not be familiar with your work the chance to experience something new.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping we’ll be able to draw in some new fans and will do our very best to give them a show to remember.”
Visit www.standon-calling.com for more information.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts