Stevenage band Waste to play Standon Calling
- Credit: Archant
One up-and-coming band is celebrating after being asked to play this year’s Standon Calling festival.
Waste, a four-piece rock band based in Stevenage, will play the Hertfordshire show on the weekend of Friday August 1 - Sunday August 3.
Public Enemy, Maximo Park and Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls are all booked in to headline the weekend.
Waste guitarist Max Hopwood said: “This must be one of the biggest shows we’ve played to date and we can’t wait.
“Festivals are great because they give people who may not be familiar with your work the chance to experience something new.
“We’re hoping we’ll be able to draw in some new fans and will do our very best to give them a show to remember.”
Visit www.standon-calling.com for more information.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 Madness to headline Standon Calling festival's Thursday line-up of music