Stevenage artist’s homecoming
- Credit: Archant
AN ARTIST who has set her sights on a town’s architecture for inspiration will be exhibiting on home turf this month.
Artist and printmaker Claire Hynds, who grew up in Stevenage, will be holding an exhibition at Stevenage Museum which explores the town’s modern architecture.
Best known for work held at London-based the Victoria and Albert Museum, National Gallery and London Bankside Gallery, Claire will be displaying her work on home soil for Transient Vista, which runs from March 23 until May 4.
Speaking about her art, Claire, a lecturer at Kensington and Chelsea College and the University of West London, said: “I am intrigued by the planners’ utopian vision for the New Town development and, having grown up in Stevenage, I am interested in the experience of moving around and living amongst these buildings.”
Borough councillor Howard Burrell, executive member for children and young People, sport and leisure, added: “We’re very excited to welcome a home-grown artist who has gone on to achieve critical acclaim, back to Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you’re interested in delving into the town’s architectural history or just love modern art, these events are a must. Come along and indulge in a fascinating perspective on the cultural significance of New Town heritage.”
For more information about the exhibition, contact Stevenage Museum on 01438 218881 or email email@example.com
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series