Stevenage and Hitchin host Litfest 12 events
A LITERATURE festival will be taking place at libraries across the county over the next month.
More than a dozen events will be held during Litfest 12, organised by Hertfordshire libraries in association with Transworld and Cornerstone Books.
As part of the festival, Stevenage Library hosts an evening with Nigerian-born rapper Breis on Monday at 6pm.
Entitled Rhymes of the Times, the night will see the hip-hop artist - whose name stands for Brother reaching each inner soul - discussing his book Brilliant Rappers Educate and performing.
Authors S.J. Watson and Rachel Joyce will be talking about how to get published at Hitchin Library on Tuesday, March 20, at 7pm.
The two novelists will be discussing their debut works in their talk, The Road to Publication.
BBC presenter and journalist John McCarthy will also be visiting Stevenage Museum as he recalls travelling through Israel to uncover the hidden story of the Palestinian struggle.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
He will be holding the talk on Wednesday, April 11, at 7.30pm.
Authors Robert Goddard, John O’Farrell and Kathy Lette are also taking part in Litfest 12, which runs until April 17.
At most of the evening events there will be a free glass of wine courtesy of Lindemans Wine and books for sale, which authors can sign.
Tickets are available from the hosting library or by calling 01707 281533.
For a full list of events visit www.hertsdirect.org