Stevenage and Hitchin host Litfest 12 events
A LITERATURE festival will be taking place at libraries across the county over the next month.
More than a dozen events will be held during Litfest 12, organised by Hertfordshire libraries in association with Transworld and Cornerstone Books.
As part of the festival, Stevenage Library hosts an evening with Nigerian-born rapper Breis on Monday at 6pm.
Entitled Rhymes of the Times, the night will see the hip-hop artist - whose name stands for Brother reaching each inner soul - discussing his book Brilliant Rappers Educate and performing.
Authors S.J. Watson and Rachel Joyce will be talking about how to get published at Hitchin Library on Tuesday, March 20, at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
The two novelists will be discussing their debut works in their talk, The Road to Publication.
BBC presenter and journalist John McCarthy will also be visiting Stevenage Museum as he recalls travelling through Israel to uncover the hidden story of the Palestinian struggle.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
He will be holding the talk on Wednesday, April 11, at 7.30pm.
Authors Robert Goddard, John O’Farrell and Kathy Lette are also taking part in Litfest 12, which runs until April 17.
At most of the evening events there will be a free glass of wine courtesy of Lindemans Wine and books for sale, which authors can sign.
Tickets are available from the hosting library or by calling 01707 281533.
For a full list of events visit www.hertsdirect.org