Stevenage and Hitchin host Litfest 12 events
A LITERATURE festival will be taking place at libraries across the county over the next month.
More than a dozen events will be held during Litfest 12, organised by Hertfordshire libraries in association with Transworld and Cornerstone Books.
As part of the festival, Stevenage Library hosts an evening with Nigerian-born rapper Breis on Monday at 6pm.
Entitled Rhymes of the Times, the night will see the hip-hop artist - whose name stands for Brother reaching each inner soul - discussing his book Brilliant Rappers Educate and performing.
Authors S.J. Watson and Rachel Joyce will be talking about how to get published at Hitchin Library on Tuesday, March 20, at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
The two novelists will be discussing their debut works in their talk, The Road to Publication.
BBC presenter and journalist John McCarthy will also be visiting Stevenage Museum as he recalls travelling through Israel to uncover the hidden story of the Palestinian struggle.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 6 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
He will be holding the talk on Wednesday, April 11, at 7.30pm.
Authors Robert Goddard, John O’Farrell and Kathy Lette are also taking part in Litfest 12, which runs until April 17.
At most of the evening events there will be a free glass of wine courtesy of Lindemans Wine and books for sale, which authors can sign.
Tickets are available from the hosting library or by calling 01707 281533.
For a full list of events visit www.hertsdirect.org