Prog rock stars visit Stevenage record shop
- Credit: Revolution Records
Music fans were treated to appearances by two prog rock stars at a Stevenage record shop.
There was a record signing session by guitarist and producer Steve Hillage at Revolution Records in Stevenage Old Town on Saturday afternoon.
Fans turning up at the Middle Row store were left doing a double take when prog rock king Steven Wilson also put in an appearance.
The founder, lead guitarist and vocalist of former prog group Porcupine Tree worked behind the till and served customers for the day.
Now a solo artist, Steven Wilson later posted a picture on Instagram with the words: "Today I'm doing a job I dreamed of as a kid, working in a record shop and helping out at my favourite local store Revolution Records."
You may also want to watch:
The shop was packed all afternoon with fans getting albums signed and pictures with Gong star Steve Hillage.
The Steve Hillage Band musician spent nearly three hours chatting with customers and fans alike.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
There are still a limited number of signed Steve Hillage albums available in store.