Prog rock stars visit Stevenage record shop
- Credit: Revolution Records
Music fans were treated to appearances by two prog rock stars at a Stevenage record shop.
There was a record signing session by guitarist and producer Steve Hillage at Revolution Records in Stevenage Old Town on Saturday afternoon.
Fans turning up at the Middle Row store were left doing a double take when prog rock king Steven Wilson also put in an appearance.
The founder, lead guitarist and vocalist of former prog group Porcupine Tree worked behind the till and served customers for the day.
Now a solo artist, Steven Wilson later posted a picture on Instagram with the words: "Today I'm doing a job I dreamed of as a kid, working in a record shop and helping out at my favourite local store Revolution Records."
The shop was packed all afternoon with fans getting albums signed and pictures with Gong star Steve Hillage.
The Steve Hillage Band musician spent nearly three hours chatting with customers and fans alike.
- 1 Man threatened partner with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
There are still a limited number of signed Steve Hillage albums available in store.