Step back to 17th century Italy
ONE of the country s most versatile musicians is bringing his renowned classical ensemble to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, to present a musical tribute to the great Venetian composer, Vivaldi. Justin Pearson plays cello with The Locrian Ensemble
ONE of the country's most versatile musicians is bringing his renowned classical ensemble to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, to present a musical tribute to the great Venetian composer, Vivaldi.
Justin Pearson plays cello with The Locrian Ensemble - which he formed in 1995 - and now theatre lovers are being invited to step back in time when the ensemble performs Vivaldi's Four Seasons by candlelight as part of their Candlelight Classics.
The composition, which portrays 17th century Italian rural life, will be performed in lavish period costume, against a visually stunning classical set.
Artistic manager and director for The Locrian Ensemble, Justin has also worked in a solo capacity with a diverse range of artists including Jose Carreras, Westlife, James Galway, Tina Turner, Take That, Pavarotti and U2.
You may also want to watch:
He is also principal cellist and artistic director of The National Symphony Orchestra and has been guest principal cellist of the Royal Philharmonic and English Sinfonia Orchestras.
Other pieces which will be performed include the Rustic Symphony, Concerto for Two Violins and the classic Handel's Arrival of the Queen of Sheba.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 9 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 10 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
Considered to be one of the most dynamic groups working in the field of classical musical today, The Locrian Ensemble have carved a unique position for themselves in British music-making, supporting top names in the pop world as well as appearing on Oscar winning soundtracks to films such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Shakespeare in Love and The Full Monty.
The performance starts at 7.45pm on March 30.
Tickets, at £17.50 or £16 for concessions, are available from the box office on 08700 131030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk