Step back to 17th century Italy
ONE of the country s most versatile musicians is bringing his renowned classical ensemble to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, to present a musical tribute to the great Venetian composer, Vivaldi. Justin Pearson plays cello with The Locrian Ensemble
ONE of the country's most versatile musicians is bringing his renowned classical ensemble to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, to present a musical tribute to the great Venetian composer, Vivaldi.
Justin Pearson plays cello with The Locrian Ensemble - which he formed in 1995 - and now theatre lovers are being invited to step back in time when the ensemble performs Vivaldi's Four Seasons by candlelight as part of their Candlelight Classics.
The composition, which portrays 17th century Italian rural life, will be performed in lavish period costume, against a visually stunning classical set.
Artistic manager and director for The Locrian Ensemble, Justin has also worked in a solo capacity with a diverse range of artists including Jose Carreras, Westlife, James Galway, Tina Turner, Take That, Pavarotti and U2.
You may also want to watch:
He is also principal cellist and artistic director of The National Symphony Orchestra and has been guest principal cellist of the Royal Philharmonic and English Sinfonia Orchestras.
Other pieces which will be performed include the Rustic Symphony, Concerto for Two Violins and the classic Handel's Arrival of the Queen of Sheba.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Considered to be one of the most dynamic groups working in the field of classical musical today, The Locrian Ensemble have carved a unique position for themselves in British music-making, supporting top names in the pop world as well as appearing on Oscar winning soundtracks to films such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Shakespeare in Love and The Full Monty.
The performance starts at 7.45pm on March 30.
Tickets, at £17.50 or £16 for concessions, are available from the box office on 08700 131030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk