Star conductor set to shine in garden city with free workshop in Letchworth on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
One of the county’s brightest young conductors is set to dazzle in Letchworth on Saturday.
Ben Goodson, who is more at home in grand venues such as St Martins in the Fields and Wells Cathedral, will be leading a group singing workshop organised by City Chorus at Letchworth Free Church between 10am and 4pm.
The conductor has trained choirs from around the world, with his most recent based far away in Shanghai in China.
Jo Johnson of City Chorus said: “There is no need to have a fantastic voice – just come and sing as part of a group in beautiful four-part harmony and enjoy an internationally-acclaimed conductor.
“Singing reduces stress, improves posture and breathing, reduces blood pressure and has been proven to have an all round beneficial effect on health and well being.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshop is free and open to everyone aged over 18.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place.
- 1 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 4 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 7 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 8 Controversial plan for 600 homes forges ahead
- 9 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Helicopter and armed police hunt weapon suspects