Standon Calling headliner announced
AMERICAN hip-hop legends De La Soul have been announced as next year’s Standon Calling headliners.
The three-day bonanza takes place in the grounds of Standon Lordship, just a few miles east of Stevenage, between August 2 and 4.
De La Soul were announced as headliners last week, with their set coming nearly a quarter of a century after the release of their debut masterpiece, 3 Feet High and Rising.
And with a catalogue featuring Me Myself and I, The Magic Number and Grind Date, the fields of Standon look set to be reverberating to the sound of the alternative hip-hop’s godfathers.
“We are delighted to have De La Soul headline Standon Calling,” said festival founder Alex Trenchard.
“It’s an act I’ve wanted to bring to Standon for a while.
“De La Soul is the first in a series of exciting announcements and the calibre of entertainment we have planned for 2013 is incredibly high.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 7 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 8 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Taste buds at the ready! Letchworth's Food and Drink Festival is back
“We can’t think of an equivalent three-day festival out there that offers such a competitively priced weekend ticket.”
Festival-goers can secure their place at Standon Calling 2013 for �85 per weekend ticket by taking up the early bird offer.
On top of the stellar music, the three-day party includes interactive theatre, art installations, a swimming pool, kids area and kids’ activities, onsite nightclub and the ever-popular fancy dress.
Visit www.event-control.co.uk for tickets.