Standon Calling headliner announced
AMERICAN hip-hop legends De La Soul have been announced as next year’s Standon Calling headliners.
The three-day bonanza takes place in the grounds of Standon Lordship, just a few miles east of Stevenage, between August 2 and 4.
De La Soul were announced as headliners last week, with their set coming nearly a quarter of a century after the release of their debut masterpiece, 3 Feet High and Rising.
And with a catalogue featuring Me Myself and I, The Magic Number and Grind Date, the fields of Standon look set to be reverberating to the sound of the alternative hip-hop’s godfathers.
“We are delighted to have De La Soul headline Standon Calling,” said festival founder Alex Trenchard.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s an act I’ve wanted to bring to Standon for a while.
“De La Soul is the first in a series of exciting announcements and the calibre of entertainment we have planned for 2013 is incredibly high.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
“We can’t think of an equivalent three-day festival out there that offers such a competitively priced weekend ticket.”
Festival-goers can secure their place at Standon Calling 2013 for �85 per weekend ticket by taking up the early bird offer.
On top of the stellar music, the three-day party includes interactive theatre, art installations, a swimming pool, kids area and kids’ activities, onsite nightclub and the ever-popular fancy dress.
Visit www.event-control.co.uk for tickets.