Standon Calling headliner announced
AMERICAN hip-hop legends De La Soul have been announced as next year’s Standon Calling headliners.
The three-day bonanza takes place in the grounds of Standon Lordship, just a few miles east of Stevenage, between August 2 and 4.
De La Soul were announced as headliners last week, with their set coming nearly a quarter of a century after the release of their debut masterpiece, 3 Feet High and Rising.
And with a catalogue featuring Me Myself and I, The Magic Number and Grind Date, the fields of Standon look set to be reverberating to the sound of the alternative hip-hop’s godfathers.
“We are delighted to have De La Soul headline Standon Calling,” said festival founder Alex Trenchard.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s an act I’ve wanted to bring to Standon for a while.
“De La Soul is the first in a series of exciting announcements and the calibre of entertainment we have planned for 2013 is incredibly high.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
“We can’t think of an equivalent three-day festival out there that offers such a competitively priced weekend ticket.”
Festival-goers can secure their place at Standon Calling 2013 for �85 per weekend ticket by taking up the early bird offer.
On top of the stellar music, the three-day party includes interactive theatre, art installations, a swimming pool, kids area and kids’ activities, onsite nightclub and the ever-popular fancy dress.
Visit www.event-control.co.uk for tickets.