Standon Calling and Eastern Electrics to hit Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
ANYONE who likes to experience their music hand-in-hand with tent-pitching and late night food stands won’t be disappointed in Hertfordshire next weekend.
The county is set to see two festivals return in the shape of Standon Calling and Eastern Electrics.
The latter, based in Knebworth Park, will showcase late night rave sets from a host of top dance acts including Skream, Seth Troxler and Matthius Tanzmann.
A spokesman for the festival said: “This really is a who’s who of bleeding-edge dance music. There’s an emphasis on invention and innovation rather than just straight-up hedonism. We really think it could be the event that defines the dance music zeitgeist of 2013.”
Meanwhile Standon Calling, set in the sleepy village just off the A10, will see headline performances from hip hop veterans De La Soul, alt rockers Band of Skulls and electro duo Digitalism.
You may also want to watch:
Fresh from the success of their number one album, Bad Blood, London rock quartet Bastille will also be playing a set featuring hits such as Flaws and Pompeii.
The group’s frontman Dan Smith said: “When we toured at the end of last year we had literally no money at all and we had to borrow my friend’s mum’s people carrier to get us and our kit round the country. Everything has changed for us now. It’s great knowing that, however many there actually are, there are complete strangers who seem to like the music we’re making.”
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
A spokesman said: “Standon Calling has been known for discovering new talent just before it hits the big time and it looks like they’re staying true to form. Everyone from Mumford and Sons to Florence + the Machine had gigs here in the early days. We’re very excited to see what will become of this year’s roster.”
Both Eastern Electrics and Standon Calling take place over the weekend of August 2-4. Visit www.easternelectrics.com for more information on Eastern Electrics. Visit www.standon-calling.com for more information on Standon Calling.