Standon Calling 2018 main stage line-up revealed in full
- Credit: Supplied by Standon Calling PR
The full main stage line-up for this year’s Standon Calling festival has been revealed.
The annual music, arts and comedy extravaganza will take place in the grounds of Standon Lordship from Thursday, July 26 to Sunday, July 29.
The 2018 festival in the Hertfordshire countryside will be headlined over the weekend by big hitters Paloma Faith, George Ezra and Bryan Ferry.
Crybaby singer and pop sensation Paloma Faith returns to the festival a decade after her first performance to close the Friday night.
Tickets holders can enjoy Herford’s very own George Ezra in a homecoming headline slot on Saturday, July 28.
He will no doubt play hits from his chart-topping second album, Staying at Tamara’s, including No.2 hit Paradise, as well as breakthrough track Budapest from million-selling debut album Wanted on Voyage.
Legendary singer Bryan Ferry will close things on the main stage on the Sunday night with solo hits and Roxy Music classics.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
Support on the main stage comes from the likes of Goldfrapp, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Django Django and Supergrass star Gaz Coombes, along with newer talents such as The Amazons, Shame, rising star Jade Bird and Sam Fender.
Also appearing on the main stage over the weekend will be the likes of the Bootleg Beatles, Tom Walker, The Haggis Horns, Bakar, Hudson Taylor, Lily Moore, Ralph Taylor, Baron Goodlove & The Dreadful Noise and the final of Rockaoke.
Then, of course, Standon Calling welcomes the annual event that is The Cuban Brothers for a 20th anniversary special celebration with live band La Familia.
London Astrobeat are set to wow when they perform Talking Heads, and Horrible Histories will entertain young and old on Sunday lunchtime.
With less than 50 days to go, weekend, Friday and Sunday day ticket numbers are limited and selling fast.
Saturday day tickets have already sold out for Standon Calling 2018.
As well as the musical entertainment, the festival also boasts a swimming pool in which to cool down.
The Wild Wellbeing Camp is also now open for bookings, with day and weekend passes available, including a one-hour hot tub, sauna, changing rooms, pamper zone, hot showers, premium toilets and, of course, exclusive swimming pool access times.
• For full information, visit www.standon-calling.com