Sponsors sought as music festival plans magical tour across 30 Hertford venues
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 performers will be making the most of a musical mystery tour in Hertford at the end of the month.
The programme on Sunday, May 30, promises a programme spread across around 30 venues with music from lunchtime to bedtime.
The musical mystery tour format is now in its 10th year and its success has snowballed over the last three years.
Music director Kev Saunders said: “Many venues have reported dramatic uplifts in footfall and turnover on the day of up to 600 per cent compared to a normal Sunday – and for some venues it even beats Christmas!”
That success brings fresh headaches, though, with a higher planning and safety bill, increased overheads and the need to recruit new sponsors to help pay the bills.
You may also want to watch:
Kev said: “The tour is a huge scheduling and logistical challenge and when you add the additional expenses involved in crowd marshalling and other safety precautions the costs are considerably more than current funding and sponsorship can meet.
“Whether as headline sponsor or as one of a select few second-tier sponsors, it’s great opportunity for a brand to get its name on the lips of almost everyone in Hertford and the surrounding areas. We’re developing a range of negotiable sponsorship packages ranging from just £100.”
Potential sponsors should contact chairman Rob Guinn on email@example.com, to find out more about the festival email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 07773 845679 or visit www.hertfordmusicfestival.co.uk.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth