Spirit of Django at Benslow
A new series of jazz nights kicks off next Friday night with a swing trio who evoke the sound and atmosphere of the 1940s Hot Club de France.
Playing Jazz Manouche - the style cultivated by the great guitarist Django Reinhardt, the Viktor Obsust Trio will open the series at Benslow Music in Hitchin.
Vicktor is a virtuouso classical and jazz musician with a CV ranging from the State Chamber Opera of the Slovak National Theatre to Glastonbury and is a regular at Le QuecumBar and Brasserie, London’s centre for Jazz Manouche.
Benslow’s director of music Stephen Pettitt said the success of the annual summer jazz event inspired the new series of jazz nights.
“A Night of Jazz always sells like hot cakes, so I’m delighted to be adding more jazz events to our programme of live music-making. I’m even more pleased that Viktor is playing for us. He’s a good friend of Benslow Music and a virtuoso musician who brings a real spirit of adventure to everything he does. The spirit of Django Reinhardt really lives within him, so we’re in for a real treat.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10, with a limited amount for full time students. The bar opens at 7.30pm.
Contact Stephen Pettitt on 0462 459446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death