Soul legends come to Comet country
SEVENTIES soul survivors The Stylistics will hit Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre next week.
During the early ’70s, the band had 12 straight Top 10 hits, including You Are Everything, Betcha By Golly Wow, I’m Stone In Love With You, Break Up To Make Up and You Make Me Feel Brand New.
Of all their peers, The Stylistics were one of the smoothest and sweetest soul groups of their era.
All of their hits were ballads, graced by the soaring falsetto of Russell Thompkins Jr and a lush yet graceful sound, which helped make them one of the most successful soul groups of the first half of the ’70s.
The group, from Philadelphia, struck gold when they hooked up with producer and songwriter Thom Bell, who poured his talents into the band.
You may also want to watch:
Every song Bell produced was a top 10 hit R&B hit and some made into the pop charts.
Although reaching their career peak in the late seventies The Stylistics continue to tour and belt out their classic hits. The concert will take place on Wednesday, November 10, tickets are �27.50 and are available from the box office on 01438 363200.
- 1 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 2 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 7 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 8 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits