Sonisphere Festival bids to set Time Warp world record at Knebworth
A WORLD record attempt will take place in Knebworth this evening (Friday) at the Sonisphere Festival.
It’s just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
You may also want to watch:
But it’s the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane
Let’s do the Time Warp again!
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
As the theme for this year’s Friday night dress-up at Knebworth is the cult musical The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sonisphere organisers will try to get into the Guinness World Records by having the most people doing the Time Warp at the same time.
More than 4,000 people will need to take part at 6pm in order to break the current world best.
Festival-goers’ bid to pelvic thrust their way into the record books will take place in front of the second Saturn stage.
Veteran shock-rocker Alice Cooper headlines the same arena later tonight with his gruesome Theatre of Death show, after Swedish rockers Europe, famed for smash 80s hit The Final Countdown, and electro-pop pioneer Gary Numan have both taken to the stage.
East German metallers Rammstein top the bill tomorrow (Saturday) night with what promises to be one of the most explosive stage shows ever seen at a British festival – with 22 tonnes of pyrotechnics set to light up the Knebworth sky.
Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden will close the three-day rock festival on Sunday with their only UK appearance of the year.
* Are you going to Sonisphere? Send us your comments on the festival. Email the news desk at firstname.lastname@example.org with your reviews.