Sonisphere Festival bids to set Time Warp world record at Knebworth
A WORLD record attempt will take place in Knebworth this evening (Friday) at the Sonisphere Festival.
It’s just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
You may also want to watch:
But it’s the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane
Let’s do the Time Warp again!
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 4 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
As the theme for this year’s Friday night dress-up at Knebworth is the cult musical The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sonisphere organisers will try to get into the Guinness World Records by having the most people doing the Time Warp at the same time.
More than 4,000 people will need to take part at 6pm in order to break the current world best.
Festival-goers’ bid to pelvic thrust their way into the record books will take place in front of the second Saturn stage.
Veteran shock-rocker Alice Cooper headlines the same arena later tonight with his gruesome Theatre of Death show, after Swedish rockers Europe, famed for smash 80s hit The Final Countdown, and electro-pop pioneer Gary Numan have both taken to the stage.
East German metallers Rammstein top the bill tomorrow (Saturday) night with what promises to be one of the most explosive stage shows ever seen at a British festival – with 22 tonnes of pyrotechnics set to light up the Knebworth sky.
Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden will close the three-day rock festival on Sunday with their only UK appearance of the year.
* Are you going to Sonisphere? Send us your comments on the festival. Email the news desk at email@example.com with your reviews.