Sonisphere 2012: Guess the first festival headliner for Knebworth
VAN Halen, Paramore, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Rush, Foo Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold, Faith No More, Kiss, Iron Maiden and Blink 182 – one of these bands will be the first headliner confirmed for the 2012 Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth.
THE first headliner for this summer’s Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth is expected to be announced later this month.
And music channel Skuzz TV teased rock and metal fans with 11 bands from 9pm tonight (Monday) on Sonisphere’s Mystery Headliner – with one of the groups aired set to be revealed as the first 2012 headliner.
The programme opened with the video for American hard rockers Van Halen’s new single Tattoo.
The show also included hits by Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden and Kiss.
Other bands featured included Paramore, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Rush, Avenged Sevenfold, Faith No More and Blink 182.
After the show, Skuzz TV tweeted: “And that’s your lot. One of those bands will be headlining this Year’s @Sonisphere festival. They’ll tell you who when they’re ready.”
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
Of the groups played by Skuzz, Avenged Sevenfold appeared at the inaugural Sonisphere in 2009 and Iron Maiden headlined the Apollo stage on the Sunday the following year.
Europe’s largest international touring festival returns to the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 6 to Sunday, July 8.
Sonisphere sold out last summer with Slipknot, Biffy Clyro and thrash metal’s Big 4, including Metallica, headlining over the three nights.
Red Hot Chili Peppers will play legendary outdoor rock venue Knebworth Park this summer a fortnight before the Sonisphere Festival.
* Keep checking the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ website at www.whtimes24.co.uk for official Sonisphere line-up announcements.