Sonisphere 2012: Guess the first festival headliner for Knebworth
VAN Halen, Paramore, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Rush, Foo Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold, Faith No More, Kiss, Iron Maiden and Blink 182 – one of these bands will be the first headliner confirmed for the 2012 Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth.
THE first headliner for this summer’s Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth is expected to be announced later this month.
And music channel Skuzz TV teased rock and metal fans with 11 bands from 9pm tonight (Monday) on Sonisphere’s Mystery Headliner – with one of the groups aired set to be revealed as the first 2012 headliner.
The programme opened with the video for American hard rockers Van Halen’s new single Tattoo.
The show also included hits by Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden and Kiss.
You may also want to watch:
Other bands featured included Paramore, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Rush, Avenged Sevenfold, Faith No More and Blink 182.
After the show, Skuzz TV tweeted: “And that’s your lot. One of those bands will be headlining this Year’s @Sonisphere festival. They’ll tell you who when they’re ready.”
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Of the groups played by Skuzz, Avenged Sevenfold appeared at the inaugural Sonisphere in 2009 and Iron Maiden headlined the Apollo stage on the Sunday the following year.
Europe’s largest international touring festival returns to the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 6 to Sunday, July 8.
Sonisphere sold out last summer with Slipknot, Biffy Clyro and thrash metal’s Big 4, including Metallica, headlining over the three nights.
Red Hot Chili Peppers will play legendary outdoor rock venue Knebworth Park this summer a fortnight before the Sonisphere Festival.
* Keep checking the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ website at www.whtimes24.co.uk for official Sonisphere line-up announcements.