Someone Who’ll Watch Over Me
AN American doctor, an Irish journalist and a British academic are taken hostage in the Middle East in Bancroft Players Fringe production of Someone Who ll Watch Over Me. With no-one to turn to, the need to stay sane and alive overcomes their divisions a
AN American doctor, an Irish journalist and a British academic are taken hostage in the Middle East in Bancroft Players Fringe production of Someone Who'll Watch Over Me.
With no-one to turn to, the need to stay sane and alive overcomes their divisions and prejudices. To keep their spirits up their chief weapon becomes their imaginations, balancing the grim reality of the situation with moments of beauty, fantasy and poignancy.
The play, based on the experiences of Brian Keenan is on at The Queen Mother Theatre, Hitchin, from Wednesday to Saturday, June 14-17. Performances are at 7.45pm.
Tickets £6, concessions £4.
You may also want to watch:
l Other forthcoming events at Queen Mother Theatre:
Friday and Saturday, June 2 and 3: Summer Musical 2006. 3pm. Tickets £9. Concessions £7.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 6 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 7 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
Friday, June 9: Eight Bottles and a Corkscrew, wine tasting. 8pm. Entry £6.
Saturday, June 10: Hitchin Town Band in concert, £6.50. Concessions £5.
For details of these and other forthcoming events, call the theatre on 01462 455166, or log on to www.queenmother theatre.org.uk