Someone Who’ll Watch Over Me
AN American doctor, an Irish journalist and a British academic are taken hostage in the Middle East in Bancroft Players Fringe production of Someone Who ll Watch Over Me. With no-one to turn to, the need to stay sane and alive overcomes their divisions a
AN American doctor, an Irish journalist and a British academic are taken hostage in the Middle East in Bancroft Players Fringe production of Someone Who'll Watch Over Me.
With no-one to turn to, the need to stay sane and alive overcomes their divisions and prejudices. To keep their spirits up their chief weapon becomes their imaginations, balancing the grim reality of the situation with moments of beauty, fantasy and poignancy.
The play, based on the experiences of Brian Keenan is on at The Queen Mother Theatre, Hitchin, from Wednesday to Saturday, June 14-17. Performances are at 7.45pm.
Tickets £6, concessions £4.
l Other forthcoming events at Queen Mother Theatre:
Friday and Saturday, June 2 and 3: Summer Musical 2006. 3pm. Tickets £9. Concessions £7.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Robbie O'Keefe leaves Stevenage after 11 years
- 8 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Grant Shapps MP: 'We are revolutionising rail travel'
Friday, June 9: Eight Bottles and a Corkscrew, wine tasting. 8pm. Entry £6.
Saturday, June 10: Hitchin Town Band in concert, £6.50. Concessions £5.
For details of these and other forthcoming events, call the theatre on 01462 455166, or log on to www.queenmother theatre.org.uk