Snow Patrol: Eyes Open
Nearly 10 years down the line, Snow Patrol are finally household names. Two commercial minnows preceded their breakthrough album, the two-million-selling Final Straw. It s easy for us turncoat critics to build a band on a swell of praise before dashing th
Nearly 10 years down the line, Snow Patrol are finally household names.
Two commercial minnows preceded their breakthrough album, the two-million-selling Final Straw.
It's easy for us turncoat critics to build a band on a swell of praise before dashing them against the rocks for selling out, or running out of ideas.
But here, Snow Patrol prove themselves as the Werther's Original of indie-rock.
Eyes Open is solid, highly refined but disquietingly addictive, and is guaranteed to appeal to everyone from granddad to his honey-haired grandkid.
Cameos from Martha Wainwright and Celtic indie stars add sparkle to their chart-friendly chug and the heartstring tug of songwriter Gary Lightbody's voice. 3/5
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet