Snow Patrol: Eyes Open
Nearly 10 years down the line, Snow Patrol are finally household names. Two commercial minnows preceded their breakthrough album, the two-million-selling Final Straw. It s easy for us turncoat critics to build a band on a swell of praise before dashing th
Nearly 10 years down the line, Snow Patrol are finally household names.
Two commercial minnows preceded their breakthrough album, the two-million-selling Final Straw.
It's easy for us turncoat critics to build a band on a swell of praise before dashing them against the rocks for selling out, or running out of ideas.
But here, Snow Patrol prove themselves as the Werther's Original of indie-rock.
You may also want to watch:
Eyes Open is solid, highly refined but disquietingly addictive, and is guaranteed to appeal to everyone from granddad to his honey-haired grandkid.
Cameos from Martha Wainwright and Celtic indie stars add sparkle to their chart-friendly chug and the heartstring tug of songwriter Gary Lightbody's voice. 3/5
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 10 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism