Snow Patrol: Eyes Open
Nearly 10 years down the line, Snow Patrol are finally household names. Two commercial minnows preceded their breakthrough album, the two-million-selling Final Straw. It s easy for us turncoat critics to build a band on a swell of praise before dashing th
Nearly 10 years down the line, Snow Patrol are finally household names.
Two commercial minnows preceded their breakthrough album, the two-million-selling Final Straw.
It's easy for us turncoat critics to build a band on a swell of praise before dashing them against the rocks for selling out, or running out of ideas.
But here, Snow Patrol prove themselves as the Werther's Original of indie-rock.
You may also want to watch:
Eyes Open is solid, highly refined but disquietingly addictive, and is guaranteed to appeal to everyone from granddad to his honey-haired grandkid.
Cameos from Martha Wainwright and Celtic indie stars add sparkle to their chart-friendly chug and the heartstring tug of songwriter Gary Lightbody's voice. 3/5
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 8 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof