Skindred return to Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
MORE bands have been confirmed for the 2010 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer.
Top of the list of new groups are Welsh ragga-punks Skindred, who will be making a quick return to Knebworth after going down a storm at the inaugural Sonisphere in 2009.
Over in Bohemia, additions come in the form of post rock instrumentalists 65Daysofstatic, hotly-tipped rockers Black Spiders, Reading thrash heroes Sylosis and a special appearance from ex-Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clark’s Fastway.
Festival promoter Stuart Galbraith said after last year’s festival that there would be no repeat bookings.
But fans forums have been inundated with requests for Skindred to return to Knebworth with their exciting blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae and Sonisphere organisers have got them back.
You may also want to watch:
Truly unique, their ability to get everyone in their vicinity moving everywhere they play is testament to the quality of a Skindred live show.
Frontman Benji Webbe said: “Sonisphere is gonna be massive and so rockin this year!
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
“People best be ready for the most metal, messy, mash up moment of the UK’s festival in 2 towzen and 10…tell dem Benji Dred said so!”
Before turning up at Knebworth over the weekend of July 30 to August 1, Skindred will be playing in Times Territory later this month.
They are one of 40 plus bands on the bill of the Slam Dunk Festival taking place at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum complex in Hatfield over seven stages on Saturday, May 29.
* For more Sonisphere Festival news, see next week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.