Skindred return to Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
MORE bands have been confirmed for the 2010 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer.
Top of the list of new groups are Welsh ragga-punks Skindred, who will be making a quick return to Knebworth after going down a storm at the inaugural Sonisphere in 2009.
Over in Bohemia, additions come in the form of post rock instrumentalists 65Daysofstatic, hotly-tipped rockers Black Spiders, Reading thrash heroes Sylosis and a special appearance from ex-Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clark’s Fastway.
Festival promoter Stuart Galbraith said after last year’s festival that there would be no repeat bookings.
But fans forums have been inundated with requests for Skindred to return to Knebworth with their exciting blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae and Sonisphere organisers have got them back.
You may also want to watch:
Truly unique, their ability to get everyone in their vicinity moving everywhere they play is testament to the quality of a Skindred live show.
Frontman Benji Webbe said: “Sonisphere is gonna be massive and so rockin this year!
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence
- 10 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
“People best be ready for the most metal, messy, mash up moment of the UK’s festival in 2 towzen and 10…tell dem Benji Dred said so!”
Before turning up at Knebworth over the weekend of July 30 to August 1, Skindred will be playing in Times Territory later this month.
They are one of 40 plus bands on the bill of the Slam Dunk Festival taking place at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum complex in Hatfield over seven stages on Saturday, May 29.
* For more Sonisphere Festival news, see next week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.