Skindred return to Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
MORE bands have been confirmed for the 2010 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer.
Top of the list of new groups are Welsh ragga-punks Skindred, who will be making a quick return to Knebworth after going down a storm at the inaugural Sonisphere in 2009.
Over in Bohemia, additions come in the form of post rock instrumentalists 65Daysofstatic, hotly-tipped rockers Black Spiders, Reading thrash heroes Sylosis and a special appearance from ex-Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clark’s Fastway.
Festival promoter Stuart Galbraith said after last year’s festival that there would be no repeat bookings.
But fans forums have been inundated with requests for Skindred to return to Knebworth with their exciting blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae and Sonisphere organisers have got them back.
Truly unique, their ability to get everyone in their vicinity moving everywhere they play is testament to the quality of a Skindred live show.
Frontman Benji Webbe said: “Sonisphere is gonna be massive and so rockin this year!
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
“People best be ready for the most metal, messy, mash up moment of the UK’s festival in 2 towzen and 10…tell dem Benji Dred said so!”
Before turning up at Knebworth over the weekend of July 30 to August 1, Skindred will be playing in Times Territory later this month.
They are one of 40 plus bands on the bill of the Slam Dunk Festival taking place at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum complex in Hatfield over seven stages on Saturday, May 29.
* For more Sonisphere Festival news, see next week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.