Skindred return to Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
MORE bands have been confirmed for the 2010 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer.
Top of the list of new groups are Welsh ragga-punks Skindred, who will be making a quick return to Knebworth after going down a storm at the inaugural Sonisphere in 2009.
Over in Bohemia, additions come in the form of post rock instrumentalists 65Daysofstatic, hotly-tipped rockers Black Spiders, Reading thrash heroes Sylosis and a special appearance from ex-Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clark’s Fastway.
Festival promoter Stuart Galbraith said after last year’s festival that there would be no repeat bookings.
But fans forums have been inundated with requests for Skindred to return to Knebworth with their exciting blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae and Sonisphere organisers have got them back.
Truly unique, their ability to get everyone in their vicinity moving everywhere they play is testament to the quality of a Skindred live show.
Frontman Benji Webbe said: “Sonisphere is gonna be massive and so rockin this year!
- 1 Man threatened partner with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
“People best be ready for the most metal, messy, mash up moment of the UK’s festival in 2 towzen and 10…tell dem Benji Dred said so!”
Before turning up at Knebworth over the weekend of July 30 to August 1, Skindred will be playing in Times Territory later this month.
They are one of 40 plus bands on the bill of the Slam Dunk Festival taking place at the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum complex in Hatfield over seven stages on Saturday, May 29.
* For more Sonisphere Festival news, see next week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out Wednesday.