Singer opens for Bob Geldof
A singer-songwriter has been plucked from Great Offley to open for Bob Geldof on tour.
After 15 years trying to break into the music business, Rod Pinn got a call from Sir Bob’s team to perform on his How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell album tour.
Rod said: “I was at home one weekend, when out of the blue I got a phone call from an agent inviting me to open two concerts for Bob Geldof. At first I thought it was a friend winding me up but it turned out to be real!”
After the initial two shows in Southport and Croydon, he was asked to stay with the tour and spent the last week playing shows in Bradford, St Albans and Chatham.
He added: “It’s been a great opportunity to perform my songs in a stripped down and acoustic way and this works really well in an intimate theatre environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Rod is writing more material for a debut album, which will be available on his website rodneypin.com soon.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors