Singer opens for Bob Geldof
A singer-songwriter has been plucked from Great Offley to open for Bob Geldof on tour.
After 15 years trying to break into the music business, Rod Pinn got a call from Sir Bob’s team to perform on his How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell album tour.
Rod said: “I was at home one weekend, when out of the blue I got a phone call from an agent inviting me to open two concerts for Bob Geldof. At first I thought it was a friend winding me up but it turned out to be real!”
After the initial two shows in Southport and Croydon, he was asked to stay with the tour and spent the last week playing shows in Bradford, St Albans and Chatham.
He added: “It’s been a great opportunity to perform my songs in a stripped down and acoustic way and this works really well in an intimate theatre environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Rod is writing more material for a debut album, which will be available on his website rodneypin.com soon.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses