Singer opens for Bob Geldof
A singer-songwriter has been plucked from Great Offley to open for Bob Geldof on tour.
After 15 years trying to break into the music business, Rod Pinn got a call from Sir Bob’s team to perform on his How To Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell album tour.
Rod said: “I was at home one weekend, when out of the blue I got a phone call from an agent inviting me to open two concerts for Bob Geldof. At first I thought it was a friend winding me up but it turned out to be real!”
After the initial two shows in Southport and Croydon, he was asked to stay with the tour and spent the last week playing shows in Bradford, St Albans and Chatham.
He added: “It’s been a great opportunity to perform my songs in a stripped down and acoustic way and this works really well in an intimate theatre environment.”
Rod is writing more material for a debut album, which will be available on his website rodneypin.com soon.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event