Sinfonia at the double
A FAMILY charity concert is being held by Letchworth Sinfonia to raise money for the Garden House Hospice. Children will be encouraged to join in with Hayden s Toy Symphony and there will be many festive pieces including Christmas carols. Entry is free bu
A FAMILY charity concert is being held by Letchworth Sinfonia to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Children will be encouraged to join in with Hayden's Toy Symphony and there will be many festive pieces including Christmas carols.
Entry is free but all donations will go towards the Garden House Hospice.
The concert will take place at The Settlement, Nevells Road, Letchworth, at 4pm on Sunday, December 17.
You may also want to watch:
l Letchworth Sinfonia will also be holding a New Year concert at Letchworth's Plinston Hall.
Young violin soloist Thomas Gould will play Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto and Beethoven's Romance No 1.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Thomas studied at the Royal Academy of Music and, during his time there, gained considerable experience leading the academy's orchestras, including a BBC Proms concert at the Royal Albert Hall, as first violinist.
Other pieces being performed by the orchestra are Mozart's Marriage of Figaro and many polkas, waltzes and marches.
The concert will take place at 7.30pm on January 7.
Tickets, at £8 and £6 for concessions, are available from Plinston Hall box office on: 01462 672003.
For more information about Thomas Gould, visit: www.thomas gould.com