Sinfonia at the double
A FAMILY charity concert is being held by Letchworth Sinfonia to raise money for the Garden House Hospice. Children will be encouraged to join in with Hayden s Toy Symphony and there will be many festive pieces including Christmas carols. Entry is free bu
A FAMILY charity concert is being held by Letchworth Sinfonia to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Children will be encouraged to join in with Hayden's Toy Symphony and there will be many festive pieces including Christmas carols.
Entry is free but all donations will go towards the Garden House Hospice.
The concert will take place at The Settlement, Nevells Road, Letchworth, at 4pm on Sunday, December 17.
You may also want to watch:
l Letchworth Sinfonia will also be holding a New Year concert at Letchworth's Plinston Hall.
Young violin soloist Thomas Gould will play Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto and Beethoven's Romance No 1.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 8 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
Thomas studied at the Royal Academy of Music and, during his time there, gained considerable experience leading the academy's orchestras, including a BBC Proms concert at the Royal Albert Hall, as first violinist.
Other pieces being performed by the orchestra are Mozart's Marriage of Figaro and many polkas, waltzes and marches.
The concert will take place at 7.30pm on January 7.
Tickets, at £8 and £6 for concessions, are available from Plinston Hall box office on: 01462 672003.
For more information about Thomas Gould, visit: www.thomas gould.com