Sinfonia at the double
A FAMILY charity concert is being held by Letchworth Sinfonia to raise money for the Garden House Hospice. Children will be encouraged to join in with Hayden s Toy Symphony and there will be many festive pieces including Christmas carols. Entry is free bu
A FAMILY charity concert is being held by Letchworth Sinfonia to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Children will be encouraged to join in with Hayden's Toy Symphony and there will be many festive pieces including Christmas carols.
Entry is free but all donations will go towards the Garden House Hospice.
The concert will take place at The Settlement, Nevells Road, Letchworth, at 4pm on Sunday, December 17.
l Letchworth Sinfonia will also be holding a New Year concert at Letchworth's Plinston Hall.
Young violin soloist Thomas Gould will play Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto and Beethoven's Romance No 1.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
Thomas studied at the Royal Academy of Music and, during his time there, gained considerable experience leading the academy's orchestras, including a BBC Proms concert at the Royal Albert Hall, as first violinist.
Other pieces being performed by the orchestra are Mozart's Marriage of Figaro and many polkas, waltzes and marches.
The concert will take place at 7.30pm on January 7.
Tickets, at £8 and £6 for concessions, are available from Plinston Hall box office on: 01462 672003.
For more information about Thomas Gould, visit: www.thomas gould.com