Sign up and sing as chorus team recruits North Herts voices for Mozart work
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s leading choirs aims to bring aspiring and seasoned singers the chance to come together to perform Mozart’s acclaimed Requiem accompanied by a professional orchestra and soloists, in front of a large audience.
And the Hertfordshire Chorus, is inviting singers, experienced and not so experienced, to join them for the special performance at St Albans Abbey next year.
There are no auditions but singers will be expected to attend six rehearsals in St Albans under the supervision of the musical director David Temple early next year before the performance on Saturday, February 20.
David said: “Rehearsals will be ‘singer friendly’ and we will provide learning aids.”
Singers will be asked to contribute £30 to the cost of putting on the show.
You may also want to watch:
If you’d like to be involved in the Sing Mozart! project email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07482 953092 to find out more.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 5 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition