Shivers up your spine on Hitchin stage as servant uncovers secrets
- Credit: Archant
With Hallowe’en on the horizon, what better treat than an intimate drama that aims to send a shiver up your spine?
That’s what is being staged from tomorrow night at Hitchin’s Market Theatre, which is turning the clock back 100 years and turning up the tension.
The Maid is set during the First World War.
Young Edith Summers has secured a position as a chambermaid at the impressive Chorely Hall.
But the attic room where she spends her nights reveals a story of forbidden love condemned by the rigid class system of the day – a tragic tale compounded by the horrors of the cataclysmic conflict being fought out in France.
Someone is desperate for her help and Edith is adamant that the lover’s story she has uncovered is resolved, whatever the consequences.
The show opens tomorrow and runs until Saturday, November 21, with performances each Thursday, Friday and Saturday – you can book online at www.markettheatre.co.uk.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin