Shivers up your spine on Hitchin stage as servant uncovers secrets
- Credit: Archant
With Hallowe’en on the horizon, what better treat than an intimate drama that aims to send a shiver up your spine?
That’s what is being staged from tomorrow night at Hitchin’s Market Theatre, which is turning the clock back 100 years and turning up the tension.
The Maid is set during the First World War.
Young Edith Summers has secured a position as a chambermaid at the impressive Chorely Hall.
But the attic room where she spends her nights reveals a story of forbidden love condemned by the rigid class system of the day – a tragic tale compounded by the horrors of the cataclysmic conflict being fought out in France.
You may also want to watch:
Someone is desperate for her help and Edith is adamant that the lover’s story she has uncovered is resolved, whatever the consequences.
The show opens tomorrow and runs until Saturday, November 21, with performances each Thursday, Friday and Saturday – you can book online at www.markettheatre.co.uk.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'