Shakespeare Schools Festival
THE UK s largest youth drama event, the Shakespeare Schools Festival, is coming to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. The festival is a unique arts education initiative which enables young people to perform abridged productions of Shakespeare s most f
THE UK's largest youth drama event, the Shakespeare Schools Festival, is coming to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
The festival is a unique arts education initiative which enables young people to perform abridged productions of Shakespeare's most famous plays in their local professional theatre.
In Comet country, four secondary schools will stage four plays, each lasting half an hour, allowing the audience to experience the full range of Shakespeare's output, from high tragedy to comedy, in one evening.
Details of participating schools and the plays chosen can be obtained from the box office.
You may also want to watch:
Performances take place at 7pm from Tuesday-Friday, February 6 to February 9.
Tickets, at £7 or £5 for concessions, are available from the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys