Shakespeare Schools Festival
THE UK s largest youth drama event, the Shakespeare Schools Festival, is coming to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. The festival is a unique arts education initiative which enables young people to perform abridged productions of Shakespeare s most f
THE UK's largest youth drama event, the Shakespeare Schools Festival, is coming to The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
The festival is a unique arts education initiative which enables young people to perform abridged productions of Shakespeare's most famous plays in their local professional theatre.
In Comet country, four secondary schools will stage four plays, each lasting half an hour, allowing the audience to experience the full range of Shakespeare's output, from high tragedy to comedy, in one evening.
Details of participating schools and the plays chosen can be obtained from the box office.
You may also want to watch:
Performances take place at 7pm from Tuesday-Friday, February 6 to February 9.
Tickets, at £7 or £5 for concessions, are available from the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?