Seven artists set sights on Letchworth for pioneering show
- Credit: Archant
Politicians have their sights set on May 7, but in May art-lovers will be drawn to seven creative candidates whose work will be on show at Letchworth Arts Centre.
The exhibition, called 7 Artists, brings together some of Hertfordshire’s most prominent talents.
Visitors will be able to see 60 diverse pieces of new artwork, including 3D embroidery from internationally renowned artist Claire Moynihan, who specialises in experimenting with a variety of threads and materials to craft intricate insects and molluscs such as snails.
There will also be sculptures and ceramic arts created by Bruce Tompkinson and Paul Bainbridge.
Further installations include drawings and landscapes by Adrian Mallett, Nigel Markham, and Martin Rigg, and photo monotypes by Emanuela Montis.
You may also want to watch:
Arts centre manager Maria Iredale said: “I am really excited to see this talented group of local artists at Letchworth Arts Centre.
“This is the first time we will see them exhibit together as a collective force and I am sure the results will be fantastic.”
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 5 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 9 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
The 7 Artists exhibition runs from next Tuesday, May 5, through to Friday, May 29.
The centre in Letchworth Arcade is open Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm and on Saturday from 10am to 3pm. Admission is free to all galleries.
For a full list of artists and their biographies visit www.letchwortharts.org.