Seven artists set sights on Letchworth for pioneering show
- Credit: Archant
Politicians have their sights set on May 7, but in May art-lovers will be drawn to seven creative candidates whose work will be on show at Letchworth Arts Centre.
The exhibition, called 7 Artists, brings together some of Hertfordshire’s most prominent talents.
Visitors will be able to see 60 diverse pieces of new artwork, including 3D embroidery from internationally renowned artist Claire Moynihan, who specialises in experimenting with a variety of threads and materials to craft intricate insects and molluscs such as snails.
There will also be sculptures and ceramic arts created by Bruce Tompkinson and Paul Bainbridge.
Further installations include drawings and landscapes by Adrian Mallett, Nigel Markham, and Martin Rigg, and photo monotypes by Emanuela Montis.
Arts centre manager Maria Iredale said: “I am really excited to see this talented group of local artists at Letchworth Arts Centre.
“This is the first time we will see them exhibit together as a collective force and I am sure the results will be fantastic.”
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
The 7 Artists exhibition runs from next Tuesday, May 5, through to Friday, May 29.
The centre in Letchworth Arcade is open Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm and on Saturday from 10am to 3pm. Admission is free to all galleries.
For a full list of artists and their biographies visit www.letchwortharts.org.