Seven artists set sights on Letchworth for pioneering show
- Credit: Archant
Politicians have their sights set on May 7, but in May art-lovers will be drawn to seven creative candidates whose work will be on show at Letchworth Arts Centre.
The exhibition, called 7 Artists, brings together some of Hertfordshire’s most prominent talents.
Visitors will be able to see 60 diverse pieces of new artwork, including 3D embroidery from internationally renowned artist Claire Moynihan, who specialises in experimenting with a variety of threads and materials to craft intricate insects and molluscs such as snails.
There will also be sculptures and ceramic arts created by Bruce Tompkinson and Paul Bainbridge.
Further installations include drawings and landscapes by Adrian Mallett, Nigel Markham, and Martin Rigg, and photo monotypes by Emanuela Montis.
You may also want to watch:
Arts centre manager Maria Iredale said: “I am really excited to see this talented group of local artists at Letchworth Arts Centre.
“This is the first time we will see them exhibit together as a collective force and I am sure the results will be fantastic.”
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 10 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
The 7 Artists exhibition runs from next Tuesday, May 5, through to Friday, May 29.
The centre in Letchworth Arcade is open Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm and on Saturday from 10am to 3pm. Admission is free to all galleries.
For a full list of artists and their biographies visit www.letchwortharts.org.