Scum of Toytown return to Hitchin town
JOHN PEEL favourites Scum of Toytown will play a rare home gig on Saturday night.
On the back of the KOPI Berlin festival last weekend, the agit-pop ska-punkateers return to their home turf for a Peel Club show at Club85.
With a history going back to the 80s – playing raucous gigs at Bowes Lyon among others, the band became a fixture on the 90s free festival circuit both here and in Europe touring with the likes of Back To The Planet and Senser.
They disappeared in 1997, but re-emerged last year sounding as powerful as ever and putting in a much-loved appearance at Rhythms of the World 2011.
Support at the Hitchin venue is from The Defekters, Golddust and Grant Meaby for what promises to be a memorable night of booming fun with a message.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �6 in advance and �8 on the door.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 9 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity