Scum of Toytown return to Hitchin town
JOHN PEEL favourites Scum of Toytown will play a rare home gig on Saturday night.
On the back of the KOPI Berlin festival last weekend, the agit-pop ska-punkateers return to their home turf for a Peel Club show at Club85.
With a history going back to the 80s – playing raucous gigs at Bowes Lyon among others, the band became a fixture on the 90s free festival circuit both here and in Europe touring with the likes of Back To The Planet and Senser.
They disappeared in 1997, but re-emerged last year sounding as powerful as ever and putting in a much-loved appearance at Rhythms of the World 2011.
Support at the Hitchin venue is from The Defekters, Golddust and Grant Meaby for what promises to be a memorable night of booming fun with a message.
Tickets are �6 in advance and �8 on the door.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?