Scum of Toytown return to Hitchin town
JOHN PEEL favourites Scum of Toytown will play a rare home gig on Saturday night.
On the back of the KOPI Berlin festival last weekend, the agit-pop ska-punkateers return to their home turf for a Peel Club show at Club85.
With a history going back to the 80s – playing raucous gigs at Bowes Lyon among others, the band became a fixture on the 90s free festival circuit both here and in Europe touring with the likes of Back To The Planet and Senser.
They disappeared in 1997, but re-emerged last year sounding as powerful as ever and putting in a much-loved appearance at Rhythms of the World 2011.
Support at the Hitchin venue is from The Defekters, Golddust and Grant Meaby for what promises to be a memorable night of booming fun with a message.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �6 in advance and �8 on the door.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys