Ruby is ready to wax lyrical as she joins the storytellers at Baldock festival
- Credit: Archant
The stars are set to descend on Baldock during the chilly winter months for this year’s Fireside Festival.
Never one to shy away from the limelight, Ruby Wax will be putting on a show, while bastions of Test Match Special Henry Blofeld and Peter Baxter will be regaling the audience with stories from the world of cricket.
Tickets are now on sale for the festival – which will be based at the town’s Arts and Heritage Centre and run from Tuesday, February 23, and Saturday, March 5 – and punters are advised to book soon.
Having scoured the Edinburgh Festival for acts, the organisers have also managed to pin down Ben Laggerty for a classical tale, as well as comedy from George Egg, the anarchist cook who will try and make a three-course meal using items typically found in a hotel room – including the trouser press.
The aforementioned Ruby will be talking and signing her new book, Frazzled, while double act ‘Blofeld and Baxter’ are performing their sell-out show, Rogues on the Road.
You may also want to watch:
The festival’s family shows include parent and toddler tales with Martin Leeper and Aargh Giants, performed by Nell Phoenix.
Find out more and buy tickets from the website at www.firesidefestival.org.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition