Ruby is ready to wax lyrical as she joins the storytellers at Baldock festival
- Credit: Archant
The stars are set to descend on Baldock during the chilly winter months for this year’s Fireside Festival.
Never one to shy away from the limelight, Ruby Wax will be putting on a show, while bastions of Test Match Special Henry Blofeld and Peter Baxter will be regaling the audience with stories from the world of cricket.
Tickets are now on sale for the festival – which will be based at the town’s Arts and Heritage Centre and run from Tuesday, February 23, and Saturday, March 5 – and punters are advised to book soon.
Having scoured the Edinburgh Festival for acts, the organisers have also managed to pin down Ben Laggerty for a classical tale, as well as comedy from George Egg, the anarchist cook who will try and make a three-course meal using items typically found in a hotel room – including the trouser press.
The aforementioned Ruby will be talking and signing her new book, Frazzled, while double act ‘Blofeld and Baxter’ are performing their sell-out show, Rogues on the Road.
The festival’s family shows include parent and toddler tales with Martin Leeper and Aargh Giants, performed by Nell Phoenix.
Find out more and buy tickets from the website at www.firesidefestival.org.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening