Ronnie Scott’s singer comes home
A soul singer, who has supported Alexander O’Neal, The Three Degrees and Incognito, as well as being a guest vocalist at Ronnie Scott’s for the past year, will be returning to his old stomping ground next Saturday.
Nathan Watson, who grew up in Stevenage and lives in Welwyn, will be joined by his Freakanomics at Club85 on September 15 bringing his brand of funky soul to the Hitchin venue.
Promoter Roger King said he was blown away by Nathan at a London gig this year: “My other half and I stumbled across Nathan who we thought was phenomenal. It turned out he was a local lad who hasn’t really played locally for the best part of 10 years.
“He’s having a fantastic year, performing at The Jazz Caf�, Ronnie Scott’s and The Troubadour.
“So between us we figured it was about time for a homecoming.”
You may also want to watch:
Nathan’s debut album Student Of Life is available on iTunes. His first single Reach Out (You’ve Got A Friend) reached 15 in Music Week’s Urban Chart.
Support is from gospel-soul-roots Letchworth singer-songwriter Elaine Simpson, whose band includes her husband Kevin and 11-year-old son Morgan.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Also on the bill is Roxy Searle and Pete Daynes. Roxy, an 18-year-old singer from Walkern, won Search for a Star contest in Hatfield this year with her own composition, Summer Sun alongside a mash-up of her own songs and those of other artists such as Miley Cyrus.
Entry for the 16-plus show is a fiver on the door from 7.45pm, and �6 after 8.30pm.