Rockabilly sleaze in Stevenage
ROCKABILLY returns to Stevenage tonight (Friday) with the second helping of the new Pyramid rock ’n’ roll club night.
The gig will be held in The Times Club, at The Oval, and will feature the sleazy sounds of Jack Rabbit Slim, who have been described as sounding “like Morrissey crooning over a rockabilly soundtrack”.
Jack Rabbit Slim have caught the eye of top model Daisy Lowe who recently sang their praises to influential fashion magazine Elle.
The band mixes classic rockabilly rhythms with time honoured lyrics about the type of women your mum warned you to steer clear of.
Host DJ Simon will be spinning classic Americana vinyl in between bands and the night runs from 7.30pm to midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is �7 on the door.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 4 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 7 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV