Rock ’n’ roll away the stone
ROCK and Easter may not often share the same sentence, but this year is an exception. Resurrection Rock takes 50 young people and brings the meaning of Easter into the 21st century. The show is at St Faith s church in Hitchin this Sunday, April 16. The st
ROCK and Easter may not often share the same sentence, but this year is an exception.
Resurrection Rock takes 50 young people and brings the meaning of Easter into the 21st century. The show is at St Faith's church in Hitchin this Sunday, April 16.
The story follows the ups and downs of the Easter story concluding with the finale of Resurrection Rock.
The musical features a live band playing upbeat music and the young performers, aged 10 to 18, come from churches all across Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
There will be performances at 5pm and 7.30pm, and tickets cost £4 for adults, £2 for children and £10 for a family.
THE opera Anacreon is presented by the Benslow Music Trust at the Queen Mother Theatre on Saturday, April 22.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
Anacreon, noted for his praise of love and wine, is asked to choose between their respective gods, Cupid and Bacchus. But by choosing, he risks losing his beloved Lycoris.
This Baroque opera will be sung in English with a period orchestra and there are two performances, at 3pm and 7.45pm.
Tickets cost £10 (£7 for concessions). For more information call 01462 455166.