Rising violin star Callum’s such a catch for Letchworth Sinfonia’s new year date
- Credit: Archant
Callum Smart was just 13 when he won the string section of the BBC’s coveted Young Musician Of The Year contest back in 2010.
He’s still in his teens but this dazzling young violinist is already shaping up for stardom – and he’s the guest soloist at this weekend’s Letchworth Sinfonia new year concert.
He will be performing Glazunov’s violin concerto in A minor at Letchworth Free Church in Gernon Road on Sunday night, but also on his calendar over the next couple of months is his debut performance at London’s Royal Festival Hall.
Callum – who has been playing since he was six and now performs using a 1698 Antonio Stradivari violin – is undoubtedly the marquee name for Sunday’s concert, but the programme will also include Berwald’s Third Symphony, and Beethoven’s Sixth, the Pastoral Symphony.
Mark Galtrey will be conducting, with Janet Hicks – also known for her work with the Hitchin Symphony Orchestra – leading the players.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7pm and the concert starts at 7.30pm. Tickets are £10 each (£5 for those aged 18 and under) from the Letchworth tourist information centre in Station Road, Letchworth (01462 487868).
To find out more about the Sinfonia set-up, and how you can get involved, visit the website at letchworth-sinfonia.webs.com.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 5 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 6 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 7 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 10 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'