Rising star Sunjay a name to remember - and he’s coming to Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Performers who brand themselves with a single name are usually ladies at the glitzier end of the sound spectrum – Madonna, Shakira, Beyonce, Kylie.
But that hasn’t stopped rising folk star Sunjay from shrugging off the surname as he goes about building a reputation.
Sunjay – it’s Sunjay Brayne if he’s asked for ID in the pub – is only 21 but he already has three albums in his back catalogue and a stack of live work to his name, as well as a clutch of awards nominations.
He first picked up a guitar at the age of four and has hardly put it down since, and his relaxed and confident manner, vocal style and mastery of his instrument have already earned him comparisons with the likes of John Martyn, Ralph McTell and James Taylor.
He’s on the road promoting his eponymous third album, released at the back end of last year, and you can catch him next Wednesday, April 29, at the Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club session at The Orange Tree in Norton Road, Baldock.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 8.30pm and tickets are priced from £8.
Call the box office on 01767 683583 or visit www.madnanny.co.uk for more details.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers