Rising star Sunjay a name to remember - and he’s coming to Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Performers who brand themselves with a single name are usually ladies at the glitzier end of the sound spectrum – Madonna, Shakira, Beyonce, Kylie.
But that hasn’t stopped rising folk star Sunjay from shrugging off the surname as he goes about building a reputation.
Sunjay – it’s Sunjay Brayne if he’s asked for ID in the pub – is only 21 but he already has three albums in his back catalogue and a stack of live work to his name, as well as a clutch of awards nominations.
He first picked up a guitar at the age of four and has hardly put it down since, and his relaxed and confident manner, vocal style and mastery of his instrument have already earned him comparisons with the likes of John Martyn, Ralph McTell and James Taylor.
He’s on the road promoting his eponymous third album, released at the back end of last year, and you can catch him next Wednesday, April 29, at the Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club session at The Orange Tree in Norton Road, Baldock.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 8.30pm and tickets are priced from £8.
Call the box office on 01767 683583 or visit www.madnanny.co.uk for more details.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays