Rickshaw rock it with a string of pub sessions in Stotfold, Stevenage and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
As the wrinkly rockers who make up the Rolling Stones prove on a regular basis, you’re never too old to rock.
And there are many other venerable bands who are still on the road despite being old enough to take it easy and reach for the slippers rather than the battered Stratocaster.
But you don’t have to be looking to fill stadiums to enjoy making music rather than playing bowls or booking coach holidays.
Just ask the players who make up Rickshaw, once known as Roony Rickshaw and a sought-after band on the North Herts scene.
Since reforming under the shortened name in their later years, the band, above, has been building up a head of steam and has just announced three more dates.
You may also want to watch:
The first is a free session at the Coach & Horses in Stotfold tomorrow, Saturday, from 9pm to 11.30pm.
The following Saturday, April 30, it’s the Emperor’s Head in Stevenage, and then on Sunday, May 1, the boys will be performing at the Arena Tavern in Letchworth.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return