Rickshaw rock it with a string of pub sessions in Stotfold, Stevenage and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
As the wrinkly rockers who make up the Rolling Stones prove on a regular basis, you’re never too old to rock.
And there are many other venerable bands who are still on the road despite being old enough to take it easy and reach for the slippers rather than the battered Stratocaster.
But you don’t have to be looking to fill stadiums to enjoy making music rather than playing bowls or booking coach holidays.
Just ask the players who make up Rickshaw, once known as Roony Rickshaw and a sought-after band on the North Herts scene.
Since reforming under the shortened name in their later years, the band, above, has been building up a head of steam and has just announced three more dates.
The first is a free session at the Coach & Horses in Stotfold tomorrow, Saturday, from 9pm to 11.30pm.
The following Saturday, April 30, it’s the Emperor’s Head in Stevenage, and then on Sunday, May 1, the boys will be performing at the Arena Tavern in Letchworth.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 9 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam