Rickshaw rock it with a string of pub sessions in Stotfold, Stevenage and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
As the wrinkly rockers who make up the Rolling Stones prove on a regular basis, you’re never too old to rock.
And there are many other venerable bands who are still on the road despite being old enough to take it easy and reach for the slippers rather than the battered Stratocaster.
But you don’t have to be looking to fill stadiums to enjoy making music rather than playing bowls or booking coach holidays.
Just ask the players who make up Rickshaw, once known as Roony Rickshaw and a sought-after band on the North Herts scene.
Since reforming under the shortened name in their later years, the band, above, has been building up a head of steam and has just announced three more dates.
You may also want to watch:
The first is a free session at the Coach & Horses in Stotfold tomorrow, Saturday, from 9pm to 11.30pm.
The following Saturday, April 30, it’s the Emperor’s Head in Stevenage, and then on Sunday, May 1, the boys will be performing at the Arena Tavern in Letchworth.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour