Red Dwarf star heads up comedy feast in Hitchin and Letchworth
THERE’S a comedy feast in store for visitors to three North Herts venues next week.
The laughter starts at Doggett and Ephgrave’s monthly comedy club Mostly Comedy in Hitchin next Thursday, October 18.
Topping the bill at the Market Theatre will be Norman Lovett, familiar to fans of BBC cult classic Red Dwarf as the ship’s computer, Holly. Lovett’s comedy career has seen him support The Clash as well as appear in his own BBC2 sitcom I, Lovett and Paramount Comedy’s Asylum.
The Guardian describes his act as “exquisite stand-up comedy”, and The Times declare that “Lovett turns aimlessness into an art”.
Joining him is Best Newcomer Nominee at the 2012 Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Awards, Sam Fletcher.
You may also want to watch:
His first solo show at this year’s Edinburgh Festival was a hit with the Independent, the critic admitting that “no other show made me smile so much this year”, and follows TV credits for BBC3’s Coming of Age and Channel 4’s Shameless.
Completing the line-up are multi-talented musical comic Paul Sweeney and circuit stalwart Duncan Hart.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
The bar opens from 8.30pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9.15pm. Tickets are �8, available via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk
But the fun doesn’t stop there, with the Lastminutecomedy Club taking up the baton the following evening.
First up is Woodside Hall in Hitchin next Friday, October 19, as Martin Beaumont makes a welcome return.
With a comedy career spanning nearly two decades, Beaumont has arguably the greatest routine about being both absent-minded and short-sighted in the world and is a former Time Out Comedian of the Year. He is also an established actor with TV credits for The Bill and Casualty.
Making his first Lastminutecomedy appearance is Fredrik Andersson, a Swedish comedian who is a rising star on the London circuit, and tying things together will be Paul B Edwards.
The trio will then be doing it all over again the following night with a repeat performance at the Letchworth Arts Centre.
Doors open for both shows at 7.30pm for an 8.30pm start.
Tickets are priced at �10 or �8 for members and can be bought in advance for the Letchworth GC show by calling 01462 670788 or visiting www.letchwortharts.org