Recruitment rally aims to call up more Rhythms volunteers for Hitchin festival
- Credit: Archant
Organisers gearing up for June’s Rhythms of the World music and community arts festival in Hitchin are spreading the net to recruit the volunteer army which will make the weekend go with a swing.
Supporters of the festival in its Hitchin heartland have already been given the chance to get on board at earlier recruitment sessions, but another is being held at the town’s Queen Mother Theatre in Walsworth Road next Tuesday evening, from 7pm to 9pm.
And the team is reaching out further afield with another recruitment evening at Luton’s Hat Factory arts centre from 7pm to 9pm on Monday, May 18.
Further sessions are being set up in Letchworth and Stevenage to give as many people as possible the chance to get involved – the dates for those will be announced soon on the festival website on www.rotw.org.uk.
A spokesman said: “Come and join us at any of these dates to chat to organisers and existing volunteers and find out more about how you can join the team and get involved with Rhythms of the World 2015.”
Every year, the festival relies on the support of more than 800 volunteers, from age 18 upwards, to help with all aspects of the festival weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers can be involved in the festival all year round, or just set aside four hours or more of their time on either Saturday or Sunday, June 20 and 21.
Volunteers who complete a shift at Hitchin Priory can enjoy the rest of the day for free.
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 'Staff working in schools are terrified' - headteacher pleads for COVID-19 vaccine
- 3 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 4 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 5 Body found in search for missing woman
- 6 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 7 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 8 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in